Bulging disc surgery twice?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had to have surgery twice for bulging discs?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Goodness Sarah that sounds awful to go through surgery once let alone twice for bulging discs. I'm grateful it's something I've not had to go through and hope with God's help that don't have to go through.

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you Sarah, I remember you posting a while ago and what a tough time you were going through. I've also been going through tough time with hip pain recently and just trying to take it a day at a time and ask God for help.

Hang in there Sarah, I'm still believing that you are going to be free from all this and pain free with healthy and happy times ahead. I'm hoping there can be some folks on here with more experience of what you're going through that can offer reassurance and encouragement at this time.

Craig

• Posted

Hi

yes, I did. I had a microdiscectomy of my L5S1 disk in 2016.

I had a big herniation of the disk which ruptured.

I lost too much of the disc for it to work properly after that so I had another surgery in 2017, this time a dynamic stabilisation with screws in L4,L5 and S1, and flexible rods between them.

That mostly dealt with the problem with the bad disc but caused worse problems in my L5S1 facet joint and the sacroiliac joint.

In 2018, I had a fusion of L5S1 to deal with the facet joint.

That worked OK but I still have a pretty serious problem with the SI joint which I am trying to deal with.

AMA

• Posted

yes sarah i had part off l5 removed over ten years ago and then 2 years ago had to get scar tissiue an a we bit more off the disk. the second surgery has left my back weaker

• Posted

thank you. I've got my second mri scan on saturday which I am dreading. cant believe I'm having to go through this again. thanks for your help much appreciated xx

• Posted

Good luck with your MRI Scan Sarah, I hope you don't have to wait too long for the results. I also have one to get on my hip next week and just hoping and praying for good news and results that help ease our worry. Let us know how you get on.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.