Bullous Pemphigoid

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ,. my mom was diagnosed with this disease about 3 weeks ago and almost immediately it was confirmed that it was BP. I'm thankful for the quick diagnosis but they seem to only be getting worse for her both physically and mentally. She is on 40mg of prednisone and that's been for 7 days. The blisters have formed almost everywhere imaginable minus a few spots on her back and lower legs . We thank God for that and for her faith in Christ. I'm wondering how long does the prednisone take to actually do something to the blisters . Any advice would be more than helpful. She's on day 7 and they seem to keep spreading. I have been praying and begging God for mercy and grace. I believe He is able. I'm hoping her healing comes sooner than later as I am not wanting her to breakdown spiritually. Her faith is strong but even for the strongest person it's a lot. Any suggestions advice would really help. Please also tell me what the remission phase is like. How long are they in remission for , and how soon do they come back after disappearing. ?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi LaShonda,

God bless you and your mother. That really sounds like an awful ordeal, and while I did not know anything about that illness before reading your post, I did a search and found this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullous_pemphigoid. I hope it helps. Just also search the Internet for the disease name. I think there is much information there.

The link above did not mention that the disease is fatal, as I recall, and did list some medicines that might help. Best to consult a doc and if his/her advice doesn't help, seek another opinion. Also, regarding the medications, it costs nothing to chat with a pharmacist. I have two very good ones where I live who are quite helpful.

Lastly, I too am a Christian and will pray for your mom. Tell her to keep praying. It cannot hurt in any case and I have seen it work true miracles. I wrote condolences yesterday to a close Christian family who just lost a baby that was due, and among other things, reminded them that in Isaiah 43:2, we are promised that God will be with us in times such as these, and in our hearts, we know this is true. No better comforter medicine than Him exists. I too will pray for your mom and you. I know the situation is hard, but God can and will help.

If it means anything, there must have been a reason I saw your message and responded today because I hadn't posted on this site for a long time due to multiple health issues of my own. Try to keep your mom as comfortable as possible, seek professional help if you can, and take care of yourself too.

Sincerely,

Dave

• Posted

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your thoughts, kind words and the information that you've shared. It means a lot to know that you took the time to reply and send your prayers our way.

I do believe now that there is a reason you happened to run across my post as I began a fast today for God to increase my faith.

Your words were confirmation and a constant reminder that He is able to do exceedingly , abundantly above all we can think or ask. Ephesians 3:20.

Miracles do happen every day and God has been so great to me that in my darkest hour I turn to him.

Stay encouraged, because you know who you are in Christ , you too have no worries a put your health. You are in my prayers to Dave and I am praying for your restoration so that you can be healthy!

Take Care and I will post again to keep you updated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.