Bump showed up next to my vulva

Posted , 2 users are following.

Pictures are zoomed in to attempt to maintain privacy

i went to take a shower on Friday and noticed that this bump had appeared. it wasn't painful, although it hurts when being touched. It's not hard but also not soft and is probably the size of a kernel of corn. Have been doing hot compresses and soaked in a bath with sea salt and baking soda today, as I've done in the past when I've had Bartholin cysts. But I'm not sure what this is and I'm kinda freaking our about it.

imageIs this another Bartholin cyst? Or an ingrown hair or a boil or a different kind of cyst? It's located between my inner and outer labia on my right side, and it's next to my clitoral hood. I don't have any hair there, so i don't think it's an ingrown hair, and it's higher than my Bartholin glands and where I've gotten those in the past, so i don't think it's that either. I also haven't had sex since April and me and my partner were both clean, so it's not an STD/STI. I'm really not sure what it is and if i should be concerned yet or not. please help and I'm also open to any advice on how to make this go awayimage

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.