bunion post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am having a very bad few days nearly 8 weeks post op on second foot and pain is getting to me!My toes still wide apart up off the floor,burning pain aching swollen when will this end!!!!

Surgeon said to get out of shoe at home as this is what causes stifness but it is so painfullcry

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I hope that this finds you feeling a little better.  Have you tried icing it (but I am sure you have). This too shall pass is my motto.  How was your first foot? I never really believed my surgeon when he said I wouldn't feel normal for 6 to 12 months.  But now that I'm going through this, I see how he was serious. I am a little over four weeks and feeling pretty good, though I am tired of limping around on my heel.  Only had to have one foot done.  I have an appt. next Tuesday.  Hope the healing of the bone is going well.

good luck to you.  Hang in there!

• Posted

Hi Shona

I echo everything Judy says. Things will improve but it is so slow we don 't always pick up on the small things. I think my foot was probably at the 10 week mark before I really felt there was improvement. The burning is a normal issue and is the nerve tissue repairing. If you can just try without the foot maybe for only a few steps and try to increase this day by day but only by a small amount. Keep the foot elevated as much as you can. Good Luck.

• Posted

Thanks,i think just at the end of my tether after 5 long months!! Ihave not been taking painkillers but decided to and at last some relief.The combinition of losing my indepenence being cooped up indoors all contirbutes.Keep forgetting it is early days as one foot has literally morphed into the other lol!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.