Bunion surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had bunion surgery two weeks ago and have been told today stitches are coming apart.  I need to go back to the hospital and may need antibiotics.  Has this happened to anyone else?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I didn't have a problem with stitches but had some redness and swelling so had to go onto antibiotics twice. I imagine they will just re stitch or maybe not ), I had my stitches out early in the piece and it's almost a relief to be honest

• Posted

Hi Tricie, 

Hope the recovery is going well since this happened? I'm curious to know what were your symptoms that made you/the hospital realise the stitches were coming apart, or was this picked up at one of your appointments?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi this was picked up by nurse who changedthe dressing.  Foot still very sswolln five weeks after the op

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.