burning feet and legs

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've found so nice cosy comfort that eases the pain and burning and it's pure wool socks fantastic for bed can be no other than 100% pure wool and amazing for me and I suffered every night now it's very minimal quick a stocking filler coming up haha

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It works for me too. Something about the wool that I have not found an explanation as to why it helps. 

Anybody out there got an explanation as to why?

• Posted

my feet are always cold so I think it helps with the pain more to as they really do warm your feet up anyone else suffer with cold feet that makes the pain worse please
  • Posted

You have  that right. I have been wearing wool socks for several years.  I came across it by chance.  My daughter knitted me a pair of wool sox to wear.  I began using them at night, this was several years before I was diagnosed with PN.  I actually though arthritis was causimg my cold feet. Even now that I am getting treatment from a nuerologist my feet and legs continue to worsen.  I needn't  go into detail as I am sure some of you are suffering in  the same manner. In the meantime until a real cure is available I continue to wear my wool sox.  Going one better I have discovered Alpaca (sp?) Wool is even more desirable.   Cheers, Rose  

• Posted

hi Rosa best thing for me is alpaca good for u too where do u buy them please
  • Posted

Yes!!  Wool helps.  Last year by chance I found out when I was looking for soft insoles.  Someone recommended sheepskin and I followed up.  I believe there is something in the natural fibre - fur from a mammal ??  I found a medical wool supply store nearby.  And it is not the old fashioned scratchy wool socks.  These are very soft and are actually angora goat wool.  They are over thirty bucks a pair but they really do help the soles of my feet.  I am able to be on my feet much longer than when I wear normal synthetic material socks, even diabetic socks!  I even got sheepskin slippers, deep and luxurious.  They are a godsend.  Wool!!  Spread the word!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.