Burning pain after Word catheter - Bartholin abscess

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello ladies,

I removed my 2nd Word catheter in the end of August. However the same day I started to feel a burning pain in the area. I thought that it is because the gland or the cut was healing.

This pain has not disappeared however. So more than two months later after removing the catheter I still feel this pain. The worst is that it always hurts - from the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep. Sometimes this burning sensation gets worse and pain killers are not helping. It is tiresome and it affects my mood, my sleep and well-being in general.

I did not have this after removing my first catheter. The gynecologist said that she does not know why it hurts because the gland is empty and the cut has healed nicely.

Has any of you experienced this burning pain that is always present after removing the catheter?

Thank you and sorry for any mistakes. I am not a native English speaker :>

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi there, emma8753.

I read your story in another topic here and I wanted to tell you that I really feel for you and what you've been going through. How have you been doing recently? I've had a bartholin abcess (first and hopefully last) out of nowhere. It evolved within days. I am 36 years old, have a child and this is pretty unusual to occure at this age... So this is how I ran into this forum and read your posts. I was planned for marsupialization, even though I abcessed for the first time and dont have any history of bartholine gland issues (even had no cysts). But the pain became so hard and ubbareable, that I was admitted for emergency incision and drainage. They left a glove drainage after the procedure. Currently at day 5 after it and I can still feel the gland duct a bit swollen, like a small funnel. I go daily to my obgyn to cleanse the cavity and am on antibiotics. I do sitz baths... and take Serrapeptase (high potency). I really pray this would be the first and last time of this terrible nightmare, but if not - can you please post the coordinates of the clinic in Spain that offers the laser treatment, since I am also in Europe and could not find such treatment option anywhere? I am praying that your condition is improving and sending you lots of love and good thoughts!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.