Burning sensation

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I suffer with bad health anxiety and the past week I have had the strangest burning sensation in my sholders and arms almost like sunburn there is nothing there and is not red I wondered if any 1 else had this strange feeling I have just stopped taking sertraline 100mg and been put on beta blockers by my doctor any help would be great as am a bit worried.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I've had this alongside electric feelings all over

Are your muscles tense? Try relaxing baths with lavender oil and yoga

Don't worry I feel the same I get it on my thighs

• Posted

Hi thank you for your message ye my neck feels tence like ive slept on it funny and also the tops of my legs ache as if I have a bad bruise when I touch them the burning feeling is in my sholders and arms tho
    • Posted

Yes and does it hurt when people slightly touch you? It does for me. We sound so similar! Totally anxiety related. Elevated fight or flight response and body is hyper stimulated due to elevated adrenaline I think from being anxious.
  • Posted

hi im exactly the same usually starts in the afternoon arms shoulders neck face hot i think i have a fever but i took it and i havent got 1 usually dissapears at nights. been having extremely bad health anxiety last couple of months with lots of physical symptons horrendous symptons running to the drs at least once a day thinking ïve got this or that kind of cancer. what about u??

• Posted

This sounds exactly like me, I have a burning feeling in my neck/shoulder, sometimes my arm and a strange feeling in my chest. I'm struggling to believe it's just anxiety as I'm also experiencing other symptoms like total loss of appetite, unable to sleep, dizzy, feeling out of it, feverish etc. I've also been to the doctors multiple times but nothing has been found yet, it's driving me crazy, I feel like I'm getting worse every day and I'm so scared I have something serious wrong with me like cancer :-( anyone been through this and found out it WAS just anxiety?

• Posted

Hello, it sounds like symptoms of anixty. I have experienced most of these symptoms and I was diagnosed with anixty disorder. I hope you start too feel better
    • Posted

Thank you for your comment did u suffer burning sensations how long do they last for
    • Posted

Hello, I only had it one time. It was my whole body. I felt like I could breathe out fire that's how intense it was. I was just started on my antidepressant med. about a month ago when that episode happen. Your welcome

• Posted

Hi sam I have been having a constant burning sensation like ive got sunburn all on my sholders and arms and neck it's horrible I don't understand it I also have trouble sleeping not eating a lot and I also suffer from panic attacks on a daily basis I went to the doctors and she said it's the anxiety but I'm not 100 percent convinced

• Posted

And also my clothes seem to irritate me as well round my sholders neck and arms due to this burning
    • Posted

im the same. 100 s of symptons 1 after the other. as soon as 1 gone another comes along ĺiving in constant worry muscle spasms in my back and stomach i had a feeling somethings in my spine i focused on spine tumour had all the symptons freaked out now ive got stomach cancer bowel cancer cant eat and many more shortness of breath u name it i got it and the lirt and cycle goes on and on
    • Posted

at the mo.... i can feel something moving around in my stomach like a muscle spasm thats my new sympton id like to know if any1 else experiencf this or is it my imagination again. its painless bv aggravating. ive just been put on imipramine and clońzepam
  • Posted

My sister's physical therapist told her in treatment that burning shoulders...all burning muscles means you are magnesium deficient, and mineral deficient. I know this is true because whenever my muscles do that I spray or rub on topical magnesium and within minutes...muscles are fine. For minerals, I suggest colloidal minerals.

My doctor just ordered a full blood panel including for all minerals. This is a place to start. Let us know how you do.wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.