Burning stinging paint

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a liver condition ( genetic ) and recently diagnosed with first grade bladder cancer, I had a lump removed which turned out to be cancerous and been told I still have a few abnormal cancer cells ( I had no idea I had bladder cancer my bladder was being checked for another reason) I am not really worried I have been told they will check in another 6 months time.

I have had stinging burning pains if I prod the right half of my stomach but only near my stomach button ... however recently I have noticed this happens if I prod more parts of my stomach just under my right half of my rib cage as well. Does anyone know if this is associated with liver or bladder please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I get this, and it's to do with my liver, they don't know why, my blood work always comes back with increased liver levels, I'm just being monitored at the moment.

• Posted

Thanks Trish I have Hemochromatosis I mentioned the stinging pain before when at my last appointments nearly a year ago ( I was supposed to visit the liver clinic in March ..but due to a mix-up I arranged another appointment earlier next year .although I was told if I have any concerns I could arrange a earlier appointment ) but nothing was really confirmed about the stinging pain being due to my liver

So I assumed it must be my liver ,but I have been a little concerned due to wider spread area which has the same sharp stinging pain I tend to forget questions when at my Gp appointment , so thank you I will consider contacting appointments .

I should say both hospitals I visit ( are in Newcastle the R V I & The Freeman ) both provide any excellent service , if it were not for both hospitals I feel either problems would of been detected, by my local hospital which really let me down in many ways

• Posted

I think that's why we are all confused about things, inadequate health care, I told the consultant about my increased pain and she wasn't that bothered, just told me to keep doing what I'm doing as my liver hasn't got any worse or better. That's just the tip of the iceberg with all this pain as they removed my gallbladder, and damaged one of my liver ducts, so it fills up with bile and can't put it anywhere, so I can eventually end up going to a&e where there is an infection because of it, and have to be admitted. However although it has been noticed on my MRI, no doctor wants to take responsibility for it. So yet again like you I have so many unanswered questions which just leaves me so frustrated. ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.