But the session is down the phone do I treat it the same?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi people, confused! that's left me completely baffled, how does this work and has anyone ever had phone counselling? do I treat the time the same? will she cut it short? how do i pay? what do i discuss and will this still be the same sort of session? i know we don't know how long this virus is going to go on for but if i don't get face to face sessions will they cancel them or continue down the phone? please help i'm really confused!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Edited

hi sam

if you can get a phone counseling just take it. Be specific of the time it will take place. Prepare your questions. In fact just being able to talk is good for now. My son is on new med Clomipramine and I am having big issue of getting the doctor to monitor his dosage.. No bookings allowed here in UKThe system is in chaos as we aren't prepared for what is happening. Of course the scientists are doing their best, but how much do they know about this virus really? If only they can sort out the winter flu virus.

So Sam get your phone consultation. Treat it as though you are at the clinic.

Take good care..wherever you are.

• Posted

hi one, i've spoken to you before, i have never had this before that's all

can i explain things to her like i would face to face? i wonder for your son whether you should try the local chemist? would they be able to assess him? thanks so much for bothering to get in touch, you are kind!

• Posted

hi Sam

Yes we have spoken. I remember you. Just do what you do like when face to face. It should be the same. Are you in the states? Do let me know how it goes. We support one another on this forum no worries. I still hope to be able to call the gp surgery. Hopefully the new med will work. It's really tough but thanks to people like you and others we will get through.

• Posted

hi one, because this alters the boundary lines my dysraxic brain is a little confused! hopefully things will be the same, i hope your son gets the support he needs. just wish me luck i'm a bit shaky about it all. this counselling is for assault so i don't like what we're spending about anyway. i have to get this right, i have failed my marriage, wedding vowels and faith! i don't fit in to society and feel i don't deserve anything - the only way to stop this is to get my child home. that will mean we all win!

• Posted

Sam, that's in the past. Having done something wrong does not make who you are now. You certainly deserve to start afresh, a second chance. Do not be afraid. The counseling is there to help you. If you feel its not helping, hold your head high and let the person know. Be kind especially to your ownself. You have been through enough. Time to shake off the 'ole you and start being happy. Society does not have to choose us to be part of it; WE have the choice. This is the beginning of a NEW SAM!

• Posted

Hi Sam

Breathe slower

inhale on count of 8....

exhale on count of 10.

Do it mindfully and tell yourself I am ok.

wont wish you good luck cos you have it within yourself. Youre determined to make life different! This is strength.You have got the power.

• Posted

hi one, it may be easier just to speak to you, you give our decent advice! i think the counseling is going ok, i just am wobbly at the moment, my dad would have been 74 tomorrow! i am just struggling at present and can't break this at the moment. i will give this another go, i have to break this somehow.

• Posted

hi one, it may be easier just to speak to you, you give our decent advice! i think the counseling is going ok, i just am wobbly at the moment, my dad would have been 74 tomorrow! i am just struggling at present and can't break this at the moment. i will give this another go, i have to break this somehow.

• Posted

hi one, i should never have worried, my counsellor was great? she is very slowly restoring my trust and faith in people, something that has been shattered on more than one occasion! i feel able to breathe now, just going to do something restful now, i feel i need to!

• Posted

hi sam

This is great news. I sense a lot of relief..you are lucky to have her!

YOU ARE DEFINITELY RECOVERING SAM!

.Rest as you must be exhausted.. ..

then ...create new positive moments, ..like hobbies ..

Take one thing at a time. Everyone deserves a chance . No one is all bad.All of us have done things we regret. Start afresh!

• Edited

hi one, well i must have been shattered, i got on the bus coming home from being in town after work and started speaking nonsense! i feel just a bit more relaxed, it's going to take time but my counsellor is so happy she said i am doing such a good job, but it's tough of course. it's harder at the minute because my dad would be 74 tomorrow so feeling quite shaky! i am going to stick with it, hopefully one day i may feel much better.....

• Posted

hi Sam

You will be fine from now on. Maybe some truly not nice days but hey..we choose our next moments right? Make sure they are good ones..think good thoughts. You can always write to me. hugs.

• Posted

hi one it is good to know that someone understands me! i sometimes feel so lonely and scared over this. the counsellor i've got is trained in child abuse cases, which really upset me initially as i thought i was taking a vulnerable young person's place. some good did come out of today - but husband has just passed his apprenticeship after 2 years hard slog! i feel a bit more relieved now but exhausted. hopefully this counsellor might get some of me back...

• Edited

hi one, i have never known anyone be so friendly! my counsellor must have been sent from heaven! she was so kind and so understanding, she heard me sobbing down the phone because obviously we can't have face to face appointments. I thanked her last week with a small gift. i will never look back, i told such horrible, frightening things today. she did frighten me though as she almost stopped our sessions, until she heard the state i was in. i hope she understood me, she said she did, this is going to take lots of time. what i discussed is on a parallel with abuse, well it is and rape. i just feel broken but relieved.....

• Posted

hi Sam

i am so happy for you! Thanks for letting me know too. Keep the great news coming. You will be well..I know. please keep writing to me..like I will do, if you dont mind. It's just helps when we have support.

• Posted

hi one, never mind me how are you getting on?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.