Bv

Posted , 3 users are following.

If someone is using tea tree oil as a treatment method how long will the odor stay away??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

DD,

The oder will only stay away until the discharge comes back. The smell is coming from the discharge so if the tea tree oil is covering it up, I assume it will only last until it is completely out of your vagina, but I am not completely sure, just taking a guess.

I'm sorry inserting Vitamin C caused side effects, as it did for me sad Now back to finding another treatment. Geez will this ever end? How long have you been using tree tea oil?

I saw another blog saying oregano oil helped cure her BV, so I am actually going to try that. BUT first I am going to get a douche container or a container that holds sauces and spray hydrogen Peroxide deluted w water into my vagina every night for 5-6 days and see if that works at all. I too, am going to refrain myself from insertng anything. I think inserting Vit C cause some damage sad

• Posted

Yeah that's true. Also, I understand. I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't too sure.

It's okay 😢, I'm sorry that it didn't work for you either. Having bv is so stressful. I know right, it's just uggh sighs*. Don't worry though, we will each find something that works. It will get better. I've been using the tea tree oil for about a few days now. I don't really know if it is taking or diminishing the odor. I did notice that it isn't burning as badly as it was a week ago. I hate going out in public with this problem. I even hate going to work. It's so embarrassing. I've dealt with this for years, especially when I was little. I don't want to be known as that smelly girl anymore. I was bullied to no end in hs, and college. I'm remaining hopeful though, I know that there has to be something that will stop this suffering. I'm praying for you, and for the many suffers that go through this. I hope that it all gets better! Don't lose hope.

Really? That's interesting. Did she use the oregano in a douche solution or did she just add it to her diet? Okay. Yes, definitely try it. I hope it works. Same, I'm like afraid to insert anything.

• Posted

I am so sorry it's been lingering for so long. I've had it for about 2 years now. I'm sorry you have to experience bullying because of it. How long have you had it? You are a strong woman and I mean it.  I had to be put on anti depressants because I couldn't take it anymore. I believe there is something that will work for us both. There has to be.

I hate going out to public places too, pretty much anywhere. I work directly w the owners of the company (3 males) and it's been quite horrfic at times. After two years of dealing with this, I think they've learned to look past it as I am a good employee except I stink! sad My Social life is pretty much gone. 

However, I am using hydrogen peroxide douches and that helps SOOO much with the smell and if I'm not mistaken, the discharge seems to be less. 

As for the oregano oil, I believe she inserted and digested it. Here is the link to her blog.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/finally-cured-bv-with-the-oil-of-oregano-545764

I am going to try this after I use hydrogen peroxide in my vagina with a spray container. Another lady on this made a comment about hydrogen Peroxide being too strong and could the V wall to peel, so I am going to research it before I do it.

We must not give up!

• Posted

Yes I can't get rid of it, and it's been a very long time. For many years, and it's ruined my self esteem. Thanks! I'm trying to be. It's hard. I'm sorry about the pain that you've had to endure as well.

I totally relate, it's horrible. Once again, I'm so sorry. Bv sucks so much. Really?? That's good. For me the peroxide was okay, but I've experienced amazing results with the vitamin c tablet although I got crazy side effects with it sighs*. Then again I was using a peroxide douche in combination with the vitamin c insert. I'm going to try using just the pills. Is the peroxide still helpful for you? Thank you for the link, I'm going to have to get some of this oil. Have you got you some of the oil, and have you had good results?

• Posted

You know the H202 douches I feel has made it worse or maybe it's the douche applicator? I'm not sure. But I am going back to H202 wipes only(without douche) I am inserting 2 L.Aciduphilus a day and also, taking 2 Rephresh probiotics. I have been on this for 3 days, no difference. BUt I am going to do an extensive treatment of inserting for 21 days.

I haven't tried the oil yet. If this current treatment does not work, I will try Boric Acid capsules for an extensive treatment of 21 days also (I've heard it works from a couple of natural doctors). I haven't done any treatment for this long, so maybe it will work. IF that doesn't work, I will try the oil. 

There's also biofilm defense I want to try. I guess that's the reason why there's reoccurrances because the bad bacteria creates a biofilm (kinda like a wall) and it sticks to your vagina. 

I have hopes one of these will work. 

• Posted

What are your side effects from the Vitamin C? I did that for about 10 days, but it was making my vaginal wall peel/bleed and it was giving me abdominal pains sad SO I had to stop, even though it got rid of the smell completely.

• Posted

Really?? I understand completely. Hydrogen peroxide wipes? Oh okay. Yes I'd definitely try it for the 21 days. I really hope it works for you, so that you gain relief. If this doesn't then I have a feeling something will very soon.

Okay. Yes, I've read that boric acid works wonders. I will have to try this sometime. Okay. I've never heard of biofilm defense. Are these capsules? Do you insert them? Right that is true. Same I do also. I feel that it will also. When using only the vitamin C. I noticed that the odor was gone. I did peel though, and there was a small amount of bleeding. So, I definitely need to look around for something else. It sucks to, because it worked so well. Yes, I totally know the feeling 😭.

• Posted

The biofilm is a type of wall the bacteria creates, usually the good bacteria should have this, but when it's chronic BV it's just the oppposite. Bad bacteria has the wall built up, therefore causing to reoccur. I researched some of it, but not completely familiar with it. 

How many Vit C were you inserting? I was doing 2-3 a  day for about 3 days then switched down to once a day, but I might try it again, with half the dose. So inserrting half a VIt C once a day. I heard that helps also. But I have a few other treatments I want to try before I do that again.

But the wipes have been working great so far for the smell. I went to see my PA today, i asked  him to take a full panel blood work, maybe I have some deficiencies. I also decided to go see an OBGYN, see if they have some other treatments. 

Hows your's coming? 

• Posted

Hi, 

I've tampons soaked in a mixture of tea tree oil and water before and it does work..if only temporary. Lemongrass oil is another treatment I've used that works the same and smells much better and is not as strong. Be careful with inserting tea tree oil into your vagina as it burns. 

But I have to say that as someone who has had constant BV and used most prescription methods (pills, cream suppositories, etc) the only thing that has cleared up my BV is a daily dose of probiotic pills. I use the Walgreens brand called Ultra Probiotic with 20 Billion Active Cultures per serving ( I take 2 pills in the morning) and Folic Acid, I use the brand called Finest Nutrition, 400 mcg per tablet and I take 2 daily. This combo has finally eradicated BV for me! Hope it helps you too. P.S. The folic acid works almost immediately to elminate discharge and smell. I noticed a change within a day. Of course the probiotic helps to ensure gut health which is the cause of so many illnesses, BV included.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.