california rocket fuel/mirtazipine and venlafaxine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi friends

I have been taking 15mg of mirtazipine and 75mg venlafaxine for 10 days. So far there is certainly an improvement but still not my old self. I would welcome any info good or bad from people that are on or have tried this combo. ♥♥

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am on 45mg Mirtazipine and 375mg Venlafaxine ( the highest dosage of both ) but they are still not helping my mood so i have now been given Promethazine on permenant prescription ( i just had it as a extra whenever i asked for some ) but in my case my physical health is making my mental health worse at the moment but i am hoping that the combination of all 3 will eventually make things a little easier , hopefully someone else with more experience of the combo will be able to help you xx
    • Posted

Hi Maria

thank you for responding. It sounds like you have had a difficult time. Is promethazine another antidepressant or is it like diazepam or something similar? It's so hard to shake of this illness isn't it. I hope your new combo works wonders for you. ♥

• Posted

Phenergan ( Promethazine ) is for allergies eg hay fever but it is also prescribed to adults as a sleeping aid for those of us who struggle to sleep during the night , i had prescribed last Summer by a psychiatrist at my local Cmht as a temp tablet to take at night as and when i needed it , thereafter i used to ask my doctor for a few or the psychiatrist who i now see at the local Cmht for a prescription , because of concerns raised by the gentleman i see at my local Cmht centre in that i am struggling badly especially over night the psychiatrist has asked my GP to put it on my permenant prescription each week for me to take it each night , i took a couple this afternoon and dozed off ( have had a busy weekend which has taken it's toll on my physical health ) , you need to see how it works for you - as we know some medication works for some but not others , i tend to do colouring for grown-ups in the colouring books and that also can help me settle before i try and see if sleep will come , check it out online - will give you more details on the medication , it is hard to get a combo that works well together , please take care Lorraine .
    • Posted

Thanks Maria

you too ♥

I am glad I have found someone on the same combo. I was beginning to feel all alone lol!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.