Can antibiotics cause painful urination

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, for the past 9 month, mostly because of dental surgeries and problems I've been prescribed 6 antibiotic treatments. I don't remember exactly but i thing somewhere after the first round I woke up with severe burning after going to the bathroom, and needing to urinate frequently but only a few drops coming out, this burning lasted for days and it was debilitating. I got my urine tested, went to a urologist and a gyneacologist, no bacteria, no stds, kidneys and bladder fine. The burning went on for a while and at the same time i was taking new antibiotics every month, i kept going to doctors to get test but nothing, when i stopped after a while the burning also went away.I recently got tonsillitis and started taking antibiotics and the burning came back. the pain is debilitating and I couldn't get out of bed. is it possible I'm allergic to antibiotics ?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.