Can anxiety cause Diverticula flare up or is it case of anxiety cause by the disease

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

Have heard of anxiety being related to diverticulitis

I get that the disease causes anxiety, which does make sense, but also can anxiety cause a flare up

and therefore would follow that looking into medication to reduce anxiety would help in reducing flare up and bleeding

and is there any examples or information about anxiety as cause of flare up available i could read

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Paul . Anxiety and stress go hand in hand ,and are responsible for all of us going down that blame road , The way to go ,is not to worry about every creak or twinge you experience, making you imagine the worst scenario .do things that you really enjoy doing ,and don't allow diverticulitus to join in.

i began the same way as you ,afraid of everything ,,,,, that was over nine years ago .I'm still here !!!!!! and am not tormented by it at all now ,so ,go for a drive ,that was my best stress remover ,

Come back to me if you need cheering up .

• Posted

Hello Paul .Help is at hand ,,BIG TIME ,,,,,, go to Divi Diners site , tons of help ,information .all from

stressed sufferers .you will be amazed ,and cheered up .Promise ....

Jacqueline

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.