Can anxiety causes candida???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello girls. I need your advice. I don't know whether all of you have read my previous posts. I will make it short. I have been suffering from anxiety for years now and i can not face it not cure it. It is getting even worse. The symptoms are getting worse and worse. I think that i have candida. I haven't been to the doctor yet because i am afraid and ashamed. Has anyone else suffered the same symptoms? I really need to share experience

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would say being under stress can cause such issues, try and eat as healthy as possible and hopefully things will improve. Saying that don't live with the discomfort seek help. Hope things improve
  • Posted

Hi Joana, don't be ashamed, there probably isn't a woman on the planet who hasn't had (or will have) a candida infection at some point!!

Chico is right about the stress thing. Long term stress can lower your immunity to infections. Are you in the UK? Because you can buy over the counter treatments. You need to be sure it's candida though (usually a white sort of 'gunk' and itchy and burns to pee).

Also, if you have been on antibiotics recently this can make candida infections flare up as they kill off all the good bacteria that usually keep yeast/fungus at bay.

If you DO get the 'medical' treatments and they don't work (sometimes it can keep coming back) I would suggest coconut oil. It's messy but it might work!! I was constantly getting a bacterial infection down there (to do with monthly hormonal changes apparantly). The constant antibiotics only ever cleared it for a short time. I then read about the many uses of coconut oil. So I started smearing it on every night for a week or two. Not only did it clear up the infection, but I haven't had it again for months!! The oil apparantly works as it not only helps to kill the infection but it also rebalances the skins PH levels, so the good bacteria can thrive. It has to be the pure stuff though, which is a little expensive, but a big jar that will last a long time costs about the same as a one off 'drug' remedy anyway.

Hope that helps a bit.

• Posted

Best to go to the doctor. Candida is common and so is anxiety. Let the doc fix the candida its really easy to fix. And its onky fair to yourself to note the anxiety issues as well. They do not personalize any of it. 
  • Posted

Thanks for your advices. I think i have it because i have really lots of pain and irritations down there for days now especially in the mornings. How long might the treatment be 
    • Posted

Hi, that depends on what you use. You can get an one off oral capsule, or you can use a pessiary and cream. The cream usually has to be used for a few weeks I think.

If you go for the 'natural' option, i.e. the coconut oil, then you would probably just have to persevere for however long it takes to clear (plus maybe a week extra to be sure). 

Hope you get it sorted. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.