Can anyone give me some advice? Not getting anywhere with my GP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

I have pains particularly in my wrist and ankle joints.

I feel like Ive been "run over".

My GP is not listening to me- Ive had bloods done and my CRP is raised.  It was 20 and now it is down to 16.

Ive had the rheumatoid factor and ANA blood test - both negative.

Can CRP be raised in Fibro?

I have muscle aches and joint aches but my GP doesnt think there is anything wrong.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This could be symptoms of Fibro Myalgia Lizzie. Personally, I think you should be finding a new doctor. Sometimes because we have been with the same doctor for a long period of time, they can often stop listening clearly to our complaints. No one should undermine your pain and symptoms Lizzie. That is very unprofessional. He should always take your complaints seriously and follow through with whatever tests are necessary to get to the bottom of it. You can ask him directly to refer you to a Rheumatologist. You need someone with a fresh and respectful outlook towards you. I encourage you sweetie, to not let anyone disrespect you or your legitimate suffering. Maggie xx
    • Posted

Thank you Maggie

I have actually just changed my GP surgery and will be seeing a new doctor tomorrow.

Thank you xx

• Posted

Good for you Lizzie! Now you will get somewhere. The first person you need to respect after God, is yourself sweetie. The Good book says to love others, as you do 'Yourself'. You know how you feel, even if no one else recognises it. I have found that Fibro sufferers or others who have illnesses that don't really show on the outside; are some of the most caring and self sacrificing people. Giving yourself that care and respect is also very important sweetie. My hands and my feet are often very painful. My toes are particularly sensitive. I wake up every morning and my hands have little circulation in them and they itch like crazy until hours later. So you have legitimate complaints my girl. I am confident that now you will get to the bottom of your symptoms.  If it is Fibro M, don't despair sweetie. It is manageable and you Can have a productive life if you recognise and adapt to your limitations. I have had this condition since in my late 20's and I am now 63. Many have developed the condition after a long overdose of stress or trauma in their lives. The body can just take so much chaos. So take heart sweetie. You are not alone! Maggie xx

• Posted

Sooooo agree here Lizzie, respect God above all...then yourself..😘😘🙏

• Posted

My first GP wrote me off. I switched and got a GP who ran the first round of blood tests but when everything came back normal she referred me to a rheumatologist and infectious disease doctors. Went through extensive testing. I sat in the infectious disease doctor's office and cried. Told him i was not crazy just in severe pain. He listened and tested me for everything. If your doctors don't listen keep pushing or switch until you get someone to listen. Hope you find answers.

• Posted

Hiya Lizzie, I have the sane..I've had Fibro RA and SS for all autoimmune conditions, most of us on here have more than one condition...especially CF cronich fatigue...30 years now...I was diagnosed by a rhumotologist, most of us are...I had no blood tests for diagnoses..I'm really feeling for you..poor precious...try and get a referral to a Rhumotologist..have a lovely day, be blessed Lizzie, and always remember STRESS is just the worst thing for Fibro- it loves it...😍😍😍😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.