Can EBV cause this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi so this is my third post here. And my symptoms are much better. Although still have the odd shortness of breath and fatigue. However there is one symptom that has persisted for almost three months now, which is lower back pain on my right side when I arch my back. I was aware back pain could be cancer especially if you experience (unexplained wieght loss) which I did. However my lumbar spine x-ray came clean. So I am confused as to what this is. Does anyone know why I could feel pain in my lower right back muscle when I arch it backwards? It feels localised. And I shall have an ultrasound of that part to see the soft tissues.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi kay,

I have weird and horrible neck pain which i never had before in my life, , i did an x-ray, it showed nothing bad so it might help you. Do you have malaise and dizziness tho?

• Posted

No, none of these. And also my EBV results do not show active infection but rather of a past infection. Strange. However my neutrophils got considerably lower in the space of one month.

• Posted

vitoo, i also have horrible neck pain and never had any issues before, dizziness and malaise too, and so many other symptoms that is unbelievable

• Posted

Actually I don't understand what's happening, one symptom that makes me worry a lot is dizziness, feeling a little bit drunk.

Blood test saying that my body starting to make antibodies they're calling IGG or something like that , but I feel that I'm still somewhere in the middle of sickness.

Waiting for skull/brain MRI results.

One new symptom by the way, when I breath it feels like I'm taking "acid air" , inside the nose like gnawing I don't know the right word.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.