Can fibro be permanent and if so what’s a flare up?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i was diagnosed today with fibro. I have had widespread joint pain and other symptoms continuously nearly a year now. so is this classed as permanent fibro. I am quite confused - what makes it a flare up?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi Moira.

Fibromyalgia is not something you can be cured of, it is all about managing your symptoms and learning how to pace yourself.

A flare up is a period when your symptoms are at their worst. These flares can last anywhere from hours, to weeks, to months.

As you start to understand your symptoms and Fibromyalgia you will learn to identify triggers and how to try and avoid those.

There are lots of online resources and I would urge you to do your own research.

More often than not, once you've received your diagnosis, you're thrust out with very little information or guidance. You will quite quickly learn that you have to become your own advocate to manage this chronic condition.

Forums are a great resource to share symptoms, vent and to understand how other fibro sufferers manage their condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.