Can fusing occur when there aren't any white patches?

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi for the past couple of days I've been slightly neglecting treating my LS. I didn't use any coconut oil and hardly any steroid cream, it's entirely my fault, as I've been quite bad mentally recently and I just felt like I didn't have the energy  the past couple of days. But today I was having quite intense sensations in the clitoris area, so I had a look and I'm not sure if it's fusing or it's the same, as I haven't had a look for a while, I have put coconut oil on tonight and will get to my normal routine again. I was just wondering does fusing occur only when white patches are present, as I don't have any white patches, or is the fusing unpredictable?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I am not sure but would like to follow this thread as I wonder the same thing. I had some weird sensation in that same area the past few days but have been applying a lot of oil also.
  • Posted

My worst fusing (burying my clitoris) had nothing to do with white patches. My labia were raw and split along the folds, then they stuck together and healed shut. And not without a huge abscess. Ten years earlier my clitoris was hyper-sensitive as the hood tightened over it. So, I've had two episodes of burying it. I can't say for sure what I could have done to prevent it, other than the first time I was washing too much with soap and the second time I was having a lot of painful sex and eating too much sugar.

I would certainly use a lot of coconut oil, or what's been good for me since last spring is a few drops of frankincense essential oil in 25 ml. of jojoba oil. And if you're flared up, your prescription daily for a while, not too long.

• Posted

Thanks for replying, I think my hood is tightening as its been very sensitive for the past few months. I'll definitely use a lot of coconut oil as it seems that if I keep it moisturised it may prevent any fusing, but I'm not sure. 
    • Posted

This is the mysterious aspect of LS. I think most of us are past menopause when it happens, but (I forget how old you are) not all. These are adhesions, similar to problems that can arise post-surgery. Surfaces healing together inappropriately. Maybe it's just a program that's fated to play out in us. But I think it's worth fighting. I was totally ignorant about it until a few years ago. I thought it was atrophy caused by lack of sex the first time. The abscess got me diagnosed, finally.
    • Posted

I'm only 20. Yeah it seems that maybe if the raw surfaces can be kept moisturised so they don't stick together that may be a key to preventing fusing. How long did it take for your diagnosis?
    • Posted

I started having a tear on my perineum and I believe flattening of my inner labia in my twenties. I had two natural childbirths in my thirties and a long remission in my forties, when I had lots of hot sex. I was diagnosed at 61.
    • Posted

Yeah so that's quite a long while without a diagnosis. Childbirth has also been a worry as I do want kids in the future and want natural childbirths, but was worried about the complications due to LS 
    • Posted

I was just diagnosed a few months ago. I am 33 and I also had 3 natural childbirths. I feel like I have had LS long before diagnosis. I know we are all different but with all of my pregnancies I had no symptoms at all. Not even a yeast infection. I honestly felt my best during my pregnancies. Best of luck with everything!
    • Posted

I am quite sure that my severe anal itching as a teenager and young adult were LS. I had 5 natural childbirths, only tore with the first one. (She was positioned incorrectly so tore me pretty much all the way down. The tearing wasn't related to LS. I can't remember when I started with itching in vulva but for many years I had only one spot of itching in vulva. My anal itching disappeared for years or was very mild. I was 44 when my symptoms flared badly. I'm saying this to say: LS seems to come and go with severity. You might be in a tough season now but it may go into remission. We had lots and lots of pain free sex in those years and now we have mostly pain free sex again. I had many great years with only that one crazy spot of itching. Oh yes I do remember I had itching in clitoral area at times and would scratch till I had discomfort 😒
    • Posted

Oops I wasn't finished with that and hit send. I wasn't sure I was even going to send it! Hope it is helpful.

I do remember itching when urinating at times also. Anyway, I have had many great stretches before diagnosis and am making progress now I feel.

• Posted

Yes, fusing can happen without the white plaques of skin being present,  It happened to me a long time ago before I became more informed with regard to this condition.  I do think that when you are having any kind of uncomfortable sensations in your clitoris, it is a good idea to use the Clob to treat it.  I don't believe any oils are going to stop that, because it is active LS and needs to be treated as such, with the steroid cream.  

After being diagnosed with LS I had some fusing which occurred about four or five months afterwards, (my Gyno never mentioned fusing to me) I think fusing probably occurs when we sleep (my theory) although of course it could occur at any time, but I suspect that's when it mostly happens.  To avoid fusing I apply Emu oil before bed without fail, but I also believe firmly in the bathroom routine for during the day, which involves spraying the Vjay with water containing salt or bic of soda, completely drying the area thoroughly and applying a tiny bit of oil.  I do this and my evening routine without fail and I have had no more fusing, and it has been a couple of years now.  

It is interesting to me that when I have a problem with LS it is nearly always with my clitoris,  it starts off with a feeling of sensitivity, which then progresses to what I can only describe as the feeling one gets when they touch a bruise, it feels sore and hurts. 

• Posted

I have also had feelings of arrousal in clitoris day in and day out. and then eventually it gets painful to wipe over and umcomfortable during sex. I have noticed a bit of scarring (I think that's what it is) creeping up the side of clitoris. I use steroid in that area in hopes of keeping the scarring at bay. Also, I use olive oil on clitoris almost every bathroom visit. That has made a very big difference for me. Rarely do I have the sensation at unwanted times anymore and the discomfort during sex is rare and brief now. Keep it moisturized is my theory. I'm hoping it prevents the fusing. Are you suffering mentally cause of the LS of life in general?
    • Posted

Yeah I've been covering it in coconut oil the past few days, so I'll just have to make sure I keep on top of everything. Well I've always been a worried person, but the past couple of years I had quite a few different health conditions pop up that are all long term, so that started increasing my anxiety. I was put on amtriptyline during my diagnosis of LS and that made my anxiety so much worse, and it has just gone worse from then, so it's probably due to quite a few factors. But I'm just going to have tell myself to persist with my treatment of LS when I'm feeling really bad again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.