Can gallbladder cause dizziness, disassociation, headaches, nausea and fatigue

Posted , 6 users are following.

I first became ill and was in A&E over 7 months ago, my diagnosis at the time was pancreatitis from suspected gallstones. Follow up scans have not shown any issue with gallbladder but I am waiting on MRI results (consultant on holiday for 3 weeks....). I haven't returned to full health since and abdominal pain is a daily occurrence alongside a tight chest like acid reflux, bloating, nausea, upset tummy etc... the usual gallbladder symptoms.

I have had dizziness as a symptom since the start but over the last month I have really deteriorated with the dizziness become pretty much permanent alongside feeling incredibly weak and tired, daily headaches and feeling completely zoned out (doctor advised this is called disassociation).

With this on top of the abdominal issues I am at the stage where I am struggling to work and can't properly look after my daughter or do basic household tasks. All of this is really impacting my mental health and I am really struggling to face each day and feel like I don't know how much longer I can go on.

I have been eating so carefully and forcing myself to eat through the nausea to make sure I get the right nutrition. I have also been taking vitamins and protein shakes. All my bloods and other tests do not show any problems aside from low blood pressure which I have got on top of but still feel the same. It feels like nothing I do helps.

I just don't know if this is all related to my gallbladder, has anyone else gone through anything like this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I had the exact same zoned out symptom. Sort of felt like I couldnt think straight and not all with it. I started to drink lots of water and take high strength milk thistle and tumeric. I had pains the start in my upper abdomen and carry on round to my back. I ended up having to go private and pay for surgery in the end.

• Posted

So sorry to hear you're going through this. Some of your symptoms sound really similar to mine, I have gallstones... the dizzyness and feeling tired, headaches although I get more neckaches than headaches, brain fog etc. Of course I don't know whether these symptoms are because of gallbladder or low blood pressure which I also have! Have you had a scan to see if you have gallstones yet?

• Edited

Hi i have small stones in my gallbladder .I have just had ecrp where they removed some stones and put in a stent having bile duct blockage.

My pain first of all felt like indigestion that went from under my ribcage all the way around and was horrendous lasting for 4 hours each episode i was breathless felt sick and sweaty and did not know what to do with myself personally i thought i was having a heart attack but after ultrasound and mri was shown to be small stones .I have been told my gallbladder will need to be removed in due course .I hope you get sorted soon

• Posted

sorry to hear you have these symptoms. This almost matches mine I also have weight loss, I know I have issues with my bile ducts and gallblader so from my experience these are linked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.