Can I get Saxenda prescribed by doctors?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am considering speaking to my doctors about getting the Saxenda pen to help with weight loss. I have previously been told by doctors that to improve my medical conditions and lessen symptoms that I would need to lose weight.

I actually had bought the Ozempic pen back in March/April time, and have finished it about a couple of weeks now. I have lost 1 stone with that pen. However it's not sustainable for me with the price of the pens.

I also know you can buy the Saxenda pens however due to my medical conditions I have been off work for over 4 months now and I am considering cutting down to part-time hours, so buying pens wouldn't be sustainable for me.

I have 3 main medical conditions that I have been told to loose weight to help improve these medical conditions which are:

• Hidradenitis Suppurativa
  • Psoriasis
  • I am referred to get the camera down for my stomach (I am producing a lot of acid) - I am on 2 20mg stomach tablets a day, which I feel would need increase to a stronger dose as sometimes I have to take 3 a day. Doctor has mentioned losing weight can help improve stomach symptoms.
  • Mental health due to all my medical conditions and being off work for so long.

I don't have diabetes or anything, I have had my bloods done in the last year, I would say twice now.

My BMI is 32.4.

So my question is, would it be worth speaking to the doctor to see if I can get it prescribed to me?

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.