can i help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi peeps, if there is anyone out there who feels like the world is crap, and they can't be bothered to go on, etc. please talk to me, I would love to help anyone, as I have been there, got the tshirt, and the dvd,

love and hugs,

Lynne.

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Lynne

did you really stop them cold after 18 months.  Did they never work for you???

• Posted

I reduced to 50mg a day for a week the alt days at 50mg for the rest of my scrip, around 10 days in all, just wanted all the crap out of my system
  • Posted

Actually to anyone who thinks the world is crap - its amazing -trying reading Steven Hawkings 'The Grand Design' - I just have. You'll never feel the same way again......
  • Posted

Your post was a lovely one to read at 5am this morning. I'm so grateful there are still very caring people around! x
  • Posted

Hi Lynne. 

I have good days which are getting more frequent, but I have been through some awful depression and anxiety, took three overdoses over the past few months and ended up being admitted to a psychiatric unit twice, and then shortly afterwards being adamant that I didnt want to stay there, and since I hadnt been sectioned insisting on being released immediately.

I did get very good care from the mental health people, - they followed me up, set me up with home treatment team after I left the unit, and have organised some anxiety management sessions and other therapy session for me. 

Yes, there is hope, and thank you ever so much for your'e caring message. I would also say to anyone who feels they cant go on that after being a 'mental health patient' I cant praise them enough for their compassion and dedication.  The difficult part is the lack of resources which prevents people being able to properly access the care they need in the first place, and the mental health staff are very frustrated by this as well.

• Posted

Good morning Carole,

I am so pleased to hear of a positive story about the mental health system in the UK, I have always said that if you get a good DR and councellor you are half way there, I seriously do understand what it feels like to want to end it all, in my life I have experienced most things, I have been to the edge and back so many times, but the suicide of a very deaar friend in 2012, and the fact that i found her, well that was a wakeup call, but depression is not like a common cold, you just can't just take a pill and it's ok the next day,it's so debilitating, and controls every aspect of your life.

well done carole for posting this and for getting better, have a great day,

love,

Lynne xx

• Posted

Thanks Lynne, and love to you as well. Its a lovely day, so I'm about to go and get some sun in the garden!

Carole.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.