Can Klebsiella Oxytoca cause A.S.?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

First time here and i wanted to bounce a question off of you guys, since you're the experts. 

I have Lyme and M.E. and recently had a stool test done. Turns out i have high Klebsiella Oxytoca and high fecal secratory igA. My doctor is suspicious because recently ive been developing a stiffness/pain in my upper thoracic spine, just below my shoulder blades. I can't necessarilly equate the two happening simultaneously because i dont remember which came first.

However, it's happening.

I ask if K Oxytoca can cause A.S. because everything i see states that K. Pneumonia causes it and nothing about oxytoca. My doctor wants me to see a rheumatologist but given i dont have insurance, i want to be sure i need that checkup before going that route. 

Also, I've never been tested for the HLA-B27 gene. 

Thanks so much for any help and i feel for you guys with this horrible disease

Thank 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hiya...welcome to our forum...we're only experts in whats happpening to us...and we help each other. Not sure what to say to you except hang in there and as you talk more to us and anyone else in the know...you will understand your health problems more as time goes on. We are here for you...always. Relax if you can and we will search everything and try to come up with answers for you....Hugs and nice things to you...Gloria

• Posted

Yes if you suffer from A S.Klebsiella is our enemy number one.You need to start no starch diet,and start taking live bacteria.
  • Posted

Thank you for the input, guys. I actually have been on a low starch diet for several months now and have always eaten low sugar. What do you think the best next step is?  Should i see a rheumatologist?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.