Can one meal totally reset your stomach and bowls ?

Posted , 1 user is following.

About two years ago, I went to a wedding. It was a south American woman so lots of spicy food. I've always had a bit of delicate constitution . Chocolate cake sometimes had a tendency to pass through me since I was a kid, and spicy food.......... Well, if I ate chilli sauce for example, I'd have real strong tummy ache, pressure sensations in my bum when pooing, and even though I'd finished pooing, my bum still felt like it was on full evacuation alert, even though nothing or very little would come out.

So, I went to this wedding, and had spicy lamb kebab as it was the only thing that took my fancy.

3am , I was up. Same symptoms. Strong tummy ache and cramps, soft burning poo's followed finally by pressure in my bum like I was about to pass a rock but nothing actually came out and very smelly farts .

Then again at 9:00am which is normal for me after eating spicy food. However, the poos got wetter, and did another around lunch time, and another around 4:00 in the evening. All the same symptoms. I did think this was odd, as I've never had this go on for that long. Anyway, that was that....or so I thought.

Next day was the same. The day after was the same.

Gradually over a week , the 3:00am poos stopped, the burning stopped and they started hardening off a bit. However what did remain was this urgency for a poo literally 10 mins after waking up. An inability to hold on to it. But when I'd go barely anything would come out, except abit of wet poo and I'd get tummy cramps and bum pressure after doing it. I'd go again about 9:30 (soon as I got to work) and the poo would be more solid and bigger, but still soft, and still with tummy cramps etc. I was now going 3 times a day religiously . I never used to .

It has been like this for two years now, although I recently I fluctuate between 1 poo a day to 3 a day.

I have been quite stressed about it as I thought it might be bowel cancer, but I'm in no pain , and it seem coincidental this had started the day after eating that spicy food, and some of the side effects I get after eating spicy food have stayed with me.

So now nearly two years later, I'm still not right, but it varies. Sometimes I poo once a day, sometimes its 3 times. I still get tummy cramps first thing in the morning, and a pressure sensation in my bum, before and after pooing , but I'm able to hold onto it now.

Although I went about a month where I had no tummy cramps, but it came back.

My farts still stink. My poos are always soft. Can't remember the last time I had a nice big one piece solid poo with no side effects .

I've also noticed I have more of an intolerance of coffee. I can't drink a full mug anymore without sitting heavy on my tummy. Also I'm not a fan of thick cut chips anymore.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.