Can somebody help me?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi!

I am a new one. I was looking for some forums where people support each other with drinking problems. Some kind of anonymus alcoholic online group. And I came across this forum. 

I don't know if anybody will respond this message but I will try, because I am desperate. I feel that I need some support, actually not SOME but a GREAT support. 

I live in Ukraine and here we don't have anybody who van help someone like me. 

I started drinking 4 years ago and since that time I was drinking almost sinlge day. I can count like altogether maybe 2 weeks, that I was not drinking for these 4 years. But I really want to stop, to quit and to forget about it. But I can not. 

Can I find some support here or if anybody can advise me any forum or website I would really appreciate it?

thank you!

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You'll get support here, not just emotional, but some medical advice as well and perhaps psychological.

There are what I would describe as professionals, as they either work in the industry or are closely linked with it, Paul and Joanna.

The rest of us, are either people who have struggled with alcohol or who are still struggling with alcohol. Nobody is judgemental. It is a UK based forum, so most of the respondents will be British.

• Posted

Welcome Kate. This is a UK-based forum, but we have people from other countries here too. Alcohol problems occur in every country and it makes no difference where people are from, we all have a common interest. I, myself, do not have an alcohol problem but it is my job to treat people who do.

How much are you drinking each day?

• Posted

And..I'm not from the UK..so I'm up at different hours smile
  • Posted

I will help you Kate...stopped nearly 3 years ago since i had too much too lose = my family......we will try and help you and simply try to explain your problems to us...On a different note: I have been to your lovely capital city of Kiev and like it!!
  • Posted

Hi. Welcome to our forum. You will get a lot of help and good advice here. Don't feel ashamed as there are thousands, actually millions, of us struggling with the demon drink. Myself included. This site has helped me so much over the past 10 months. I still have the occasional binge but no where near as bad as I was..good luck you xx
  • Posted

Hi Kate 

Also try the my way out forum. lot's of help there!!

You're not alone. smile

• Posted

Hi kate

welcome! There's loads of us on here who can help you. Some have overcome their alcohol problems, others are struggling, but we all know how you feel and have been there or are there with you now. Perhaps a bit more information may help you get some constructive replies. Just believe you're not alone and everyone wants to help and support each other. It's a great place to start, and is totally non judgemental

• Posted

Hi Kate

Welcome, I have only been on this forum for a few weeks now but have found it very helpful, there will be lots of advice, some will be relevant some wont.

The thing I found amazing is how honest the posters are, and how non judgemental the others are, I was very nervous initially thinking people would judge, criticise, belittle my efforts to improve my life, it didnt happen, nor will it ever.

I hope like me you get positive things from this forum and eventually will be able help someone else who is going through what you are going through at present.

Good Luck to you.

• Posted

Thank you for all the responds. I was not even expecting. Now I feel that I am not alone. 

Thank you so much one more time. 

I used to hate the idea of drinking. My father died because of alcoholic problems. And my Mom drunk a lot. In my childhood I just fought with alcohol. From the age between 8 (when my Dad died) and till 17  I had a kind of war with alcohol. I hated it. Because I hated to see my Mom drunk. So I just was looking for her hiding spots and threw all Vodka in the garbage. It was a constant fight. Every morning I tried to wake up as early as possible to prevent her from drinkind. Often, when I saw her drinking I would just come up and brake the glass together with the bottle. That's why I grew up hating alcohol. 

But everything changed 4 years ago when I started working on the cruise ships. The work there was very difficult. At first, I drunk because I wanted to fall asleep, because nothing else was helping. The pressure and the work was too hard. 

But then, I realised, that I was drinking even if I had no pressure. 

I don't work there 1 year. But I still keep on drinking. Sometimes I find the reason for it, but most of the times, I just can not not to drink. 

I want to stop. And I don't drink throught the day, but after 6 pm I just go to the shop to buy some alcohol. 

So that is my story. Thank you for reading.

• Posted

Don't leave it so long next time. Come back sooner and more help will be forthcoming.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.