Can someone tell me what the heck is going on with my anus? ( WARNING! PICTURES.)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Itching 3 years, been treated for worms, yeast, dermatits, steroids etc. I'm looking for a new doctor at the moment that can work with my medical insurance. I have THE worst phobia of physical examination so this whole thing hasn't been fun.

I'm at my wits end and very worried tonight about all the posibilities. Trying to diagnose myself with a camera and hand mirror. Could it be cancer? are those white bits lichen sclerosis or just camera flash? Is that a hemorrhoid or a tumor? What are those pimples? Am I going to DIE? What does a healthy anus actually look like etc?

Are there any proctologists in the house? Can any of you fine doctors help me at least exclude some of the worst case scenarios? I know its not an STD because I've never been sexually active . I do have PCOS so I guess it could be related to that though. imageimageimage

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

if you arent experiencing any symptoms id assume they are harmless Fordyce spots. the little purplish balloon looking tag may be a hemmorhoid but also harmless. however if you are experiencing symptoms please list and explain them

• Posted

Yes. intense chronic itching.

• Posted

what are your bowel habits like? stool consistency? what are you wiping with?

• Posted

Bowel habits pretty unremarkable. once or twice a day. I use a bidet and pat dry with soft tissue.

• Posted

are your stools sticky or dry?

try placing a cotton ball in between your crack to soak up the moisture or leakage causing the itch

• Posted

try adding fiber there may be a liquid discharge

in the stool triggering itch. drink plenty of water with fiber to prevent constipation. attempt to find a toilet paper without bleach as well. these are simple steps that are common to prevent itch. i would still go to the doctor for a definite diagnosis but please dont stress about cancer, also dont be afraid about a physical examination as they see much worse on a daily basis. stress can exasperate the itch

• Posted

Agree with everything hug has said.Also have you considered it may be a fungal infection? You could try using a cream with clotrimazole as the active ingredient,which you should be able to buy easily. If no improvement/or worse after a few days stop immediately

If you are washing your anus after every motion you may be washing too much.

Only wear pure 100% cotton underwear, wash only before going to bed and no pants at all at night.

Alternatively it could be something you are eating and your bowel is reacting to it. Try an elimination diet. Start with cutting out milk and all milk products...if that doesnt help then try cutting out something else that you eat every day.

I assume you have been examined for piles and a fistula? Maybe you need to see a gastroenterologist if nothing helps

• Posted

thank you for replying. My last prescription was for clotrimazole and steroid cream with no results. Im going to take your advice and cut out milk for a few weeks.

• Posted

My stools are 'normal' as well but the consistency is very soft and requires a lot of wiping. even after using a shower head as a bidet there is residual stool that failed to evacuate during the bowel movement that slowly leaks out over time. this is likely not an anal muscle tone issue but a diet one. like marina said cut out dairy as that is a very common culprit. or at the very least cut back on it. adding fiber helps reduce said leakage. next bm try not using a bidet and see how many wipes it takes to get clean.i started using Konysl brand fiber and noticed the leakage decreased substantially. this wont be an overnight fix but a necessary one. i also ate a lot of cheese the other day and noticed the leakage again. i also had some coffee. so try adding fiber cut out dairy and caffeine as they can cause this leakage. if youre like me youve probably come across what ive said multiple times and it is a little discouraging but you must drink plenty of water for the fiber to work. most bms now dont even require wiping which i believe will allow the anus to heal

• Posted

thank you so much for the advice. I hadn't considered a fibre suppliment. ill give it a go.

• Posted

i use konsyl brand in the powder. it tastes like wood chips but it has more fiber in a serving than other brands. i put my dose in a water bottle shake dont stir. then after i have finished the fiber i fill the bottle back up with water and finish it off. then continue to drink water throughout the day. i use the color of my urine to judge (keep it pale yellow to clear) and by when i feel thirsty. dont starve yourself either but try to eat a little healthier and dont overhaul your current diet but just include the fiber and see what happens. please continue to post your results and we can work on this together. you are not alone

and maybe one day we all can live free from this burden. best of luck to you i hope all goes well!!

• Posted

looks like you have a hemroid there. same deal as me. sometimes it protrudes other times its just inside. i got a bidet attachment for my toilet. changed my life. worth trying if you ask me!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.