Can ssri cause low blood pressure which in turn cause brain damage ?

Posted , 1 user is following.

sorry this post would be too long to read but believe me I'm tired of finding answers to my symptoms

MY BACKGROUND AND THE REASON FOR ASKING MY QUESTION

story:-

i was on anti depressants a month ago (for anxiety) just started it was my 4th day took it in the morning on empty stomach i wasn't feeling hungry so i just took green tea and after some time a glass of lemonade . At 12 pm i went to take a shower and i felt heaviness in roof of my mouth i didn't pay any attention to it I'm a muslim so then i went to the prayer when i was there in the Mosque i was yawning uncontrollably like yawn after every 5 minutes . after when i got home i started to feel weak and unsteady and knew something was wrong ( i was still empty stomach). I got into my car and drove to a drive by clinic where the doctors assistant checked my blood pressure didn't tell me what it was and said its in the good range go some rest i was not satisfied and drove to the( 20 mins distance )hospital i felt very weak while driving ( i know i should have called 911) but i couldn't think of anything . i bought a mango juice a chugged the whole 1 litter bottle . when i reached the hospital i puked the juice ,they took my BP and it was 100/40 they put me on a drip i didn't ask what was it and they made me drink some syrups to get me rid of my dizziness after my drip they took my sugar levels they were super high 176 (because i drank a liters of mango juice ?) my blood pressure returned to normal 120/80 they advised me to not take my anti depressants for few days . i was still feeling a little weak probably because of the drip but that day passed the next day when i woke up i was a bit tired too took my sugar level after an hour of breakfast and it was 80 , i then measured my B.S for 4 days and it was in the normal range. After that i didn't have any symptoms other then the withdrawal symptoms from Escitalopram 10mg like brain zaps and others like headache but one which concerned me was vibration sensation in my head which used to occur when i woke up in the morning and lasted for an hour this happend for few weeks but then i didn't experience it again . i blamed it on SSRI and moved on , a month passed but the feeling of not being normal and being unsteady most of the time persisted it was not that much that i would fall but it was in my head telling me that it is there i did have health anxiety as well , it was not like my other anxiety symptoms this was new . I noticed veins in my hands and feet were noticeable now even the smalls that goes in between you knuckles and i never had apparent veins if this has any connection to it Now two months have passed after going to several doctors including eye doctor to get new glasses as if that was the problem , a Neuro Physician, Cardiologist etc i couldn't convince them that what i feel is real its not in my head its actually real . I'm very much desperate to know if this is related to some brain problem

NOTE :- i never had low bp ever in my life this was my first time , and after that i didn't have any low blood pressure readings even while having the symptoms i mentioned above

My question :- Can head vibration feeling of slight dizziness and headache sometimes , body twitching like in leg or arms , vivid dreams (almost every night) be a sign of brain damage due to low blood pressure ?

Age= 18M

weight = 65

height = 5'9

Tests :- i did a CBC all normal ,

auditory test all normal

,ENT examination all normal

IN SHORT :- My bp dropped suddenly after i took ssri then went to the hospital and it was 100/40 they put me on a drip day passed but i experienced some weird symptoms such as head vibration and some time feeling weak i blamed it on ssri and need some answers from neuro/ brain enthusiasts .

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.