Can’t get diagnosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I need advice. I am 37.I have had severe hip pain on and off since it first started to happen suddenly in September 2017. I have had numerous suggestions of what the issue might be (trochanteric bursitis, arthritis and most recently gluteal tendonopathy). I have had some physio treatments, none of which have done any good. I am now pretty much incapacitated with acute pain in the left hip. I cannot work (can barely walk in fact, major problem as I am self employed). I have a next appointment late April to see another NHS physio and can't afford to go private. I'm advised constantly that I need an MRI to diagnose the problem. I have been to A and E on numerous occasions and been told the same but they cannot give me a scan on the spot. My GP simply tells me to wait for the appointment in over a month but I am in constant rank agony. Does anyone have any advice on how I can get something done??? Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Glen

What part of the UK are you I have had multiple issues with my hips over many years and feel your pain.

So my consultant advises me and this is for you try taking turmeric tablets, cod liver oil tablets and vit C and vit D.

My pain has been in my right for years recently left has been playing up and have tried acupuncture a couple of times and this has helped me so that's worth a start.

Hope that this helps am keen to help

Regards paul

• Posted

My current left hip x-ray, at age 81, shows bone on bone. The pain started at age 76 when my walks became limited because of the pain in my left hip. My knee replacement surgeon recommends a kenalog steroid shot or hip replacement. Currently a cane relieves the pain when walking and a pillow between my legs when sleeping on my side. Sitting in a hot bath, legs extended, breathe in while clinching in the leg and hip muscles while holding your breathe for an extended length of time so that your core muscles strengthen. These suggestions have/will keep me from surgery for a long time I hope. Despite the age difference or cause, hopefully, these suggestions might alleviate your pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.