Can't help the itch

Posted , 5 users are following.

So after looking at most of these discussions... I'm scared. I think most people on here are like middle aged people so that's why I'm posting... I'm male, 18, single, thin & in-shape, no preivious medical problems, and I have good hygene. So earlier this month I got bad anal itch, I didn't think twice about the first day. I had had a similiar thing a while before this (when I was like 13, but that was probably my bad hygene). It went on for a week, about, and lessened over time. I didn't see a doctor at all, I just put hydrocortisone on when it was really itchy. It didn't really itch a ton at  night, (like most people?). Anyways, just today it came back, I'm so raging at life right now. It has been worse than ever right now and hydrocortisone doesn't help. During the in-between weeks it was almost non-exitant and I didn't treat it at all. I want to know why it has come back (I've been more hygenic than ever). Could it be some fungus that I never got rid of in the first place? I'm really stressed after looking that these people who are like "15 years and free... but I need to treat it 10 times a day sad". I find it hard to think, walk and generally live my life normally with this at its worst. I haven't changed my cleansing process, I use toilet paper and that's it... Please any help will be appreciated <3>

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Welcome to the forum. You will find many cures for this mysterious ailment here. Unfortunately, what works for one person doesn't always work for another, although they do have a few things in common. I was unsuccessful with diet, bacterial and/or fungial infection, cortisone, and even capsaicin. What finally worked for me was cleaning with a flexible showerhead every night, drying (at first I used a hair dryer) and applying Calmoseptine (basically zinc oxide with a little menthol). After a daytime bowel movement I would clean with Cetaphil skin lotion, blot dry (not wipe) with toilet paper, and apply some more Calmoseptine. The Calmoseptine is a bit messy so about six months ago I switched to Zeasorb talc. Both methods kept the itching at bay. Is it cured? Probably not, but I'm not ready to risk its coming back by breaking my routine.  If this doesn't work for you then by all means read the various posts on the forum because like I said, people have found relief in various ways.  Good luck!  
  • Posted

Hi I'm a 19 year old lad myself and I thought the exact same I'm one of the cleanest people I know so I couldn't work out why this was happening. I suffered for a long time but touch wood I might have got rid of it. I tried all the creams people was putting on here and they wasn't working or made it worse, but then I just stopped using toilet paper and started using non alcoholic baby wipes wiping gently. Make sure you also dry the area when your finished I use a hair dyer on the low level so it doesn't burn. If the area ever just gets randomly itchy aswell just wash the area with warm water gently and dry again. Also I've stopped using bath salts or scrubbing the area with soaps as it could irritate the problem. Hopefully after a few days you start feeling the difference like I did. Last thing.. try your best not to scratch when it gets itchy as that can only make it worse
  • Posted

Hi, how have you been getting on? I hope things have improved for you.

I also feel that my own particular brand of pruritus ani is different to what others describe (there seem to be so many different variations, it's a bit bewildering). But it sounds very similar to what you describe. like you I have suffered with it at a young age, and had had it for years already by the time I was 18. It's not worse at night or anything, it's mostly worst when I go to the loo and then exacerbated by any friction, even that caused by walking. If anyone else is experiencing the same thing it would be great to know how you've helped it. Sudo cream is the only thing that comes close to providing any relief usually, but nothing really helps it. Just sitting still, waiting for it to go away. 

• Posted

So many uses for Foderma serum. No matter if you have eczema. psoriasis, mosquito bites,poison ivy or any other mild rash that itches, Foderma stops it instantly. Scratching an itch makes it harder to heal that is why you want to use something to make the itching stop. It certainly does that and is very affordable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.