Can't seem to sort myself out

Posted , 3 users are following.

I used to have what I considered to be a comfortable life, i played darts with a local ladies team, socialized at the weekend, went for meals with husband and family, had holidays abroad and break's in England..

but one evening after a party at a neighbour's house we were physically attacked outside our home, we are both disabled and my husband almost lost his life during this attack, he was later diagnosed with PTSD, i had to be the strong one to help him as he lost the use of his hand for 4 months but we somehow got through.

3 year's later my husband said he couldn't live there any more seeing where he almost died every day and we moved nearly 70 miles away, i never wanted to and told him to go try it out and if he doesn't like it then come back but he accused me of giving up on my marriage so i felt i had no choice but to give in and go, half of me kept thinking it won't happen, he won't do this but he did and as we drove to our new home a terrible feeling washed over me, it felt like dread, fear and doom...

to cut a long story short we both became very stressed out and anxious, in time we moved again and again and again, 3 time's in 4 and a half years but we became more and more depressed, he tried to take his own life at one point and I just kept feeling like i couldn't carry on like this, i didn't want to carry on like this..

then we got a bungalow back in our home town, i thought things would get back on track but we've been here 15 months now and nothing has changed, it seems I'm worse than my husband now, i have no energy, can't be bothered to do anything, don't go out much and live in pyjamas, we haven't eaten or taken care of ourselves properly in all these years, i have no friends and feel so lonely..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi link, i think this all stems from the assault! please both seek support for PTSD and depression, that might finally help you. don't feel guilty or embarrassed and ask for mental health support, i think sadly nothing will improve if you do leave this. i wish you luck to even walk through the door for support is a big step. 🙏🙏🤞

• Posted

I agree with Sam. Both of you really could benefit from counseling. It’s very difficult to try and defeat depression alone. The counselor could help you with this and help you manage the PTSD.

Don’t let the criminals win! Be determined to find joy in your life and turn things around. You both deserve to have peace of mind and enjoy your life.

I would say it’s important to start taking baby steps. Not everything has to be done right away. Start by just taking a short walk daily. Nothing intense. If you’re not ready for that, start writing in a journal what you are grateful for every day. Everybody has something. And even if it’s just having a roof over your head and having food. If you think hard enough, you will come up with more things than that. be good to yourself. Please get some support for this for the both of you! You will be glad that you did! You can come out of this. Take care. We care about you.❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.