Can't stick this pain anymore. Feels like something is ready to pop and kill me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys,

Hope you al are doing ok.

For the last 2 months my stomach has started to get progressively worse.

I have pain right in the middle of my stomach between my rib cages. The nausea and stomach churning pain is at the stage where I cant even sleep without feeling like Im going to choke to death on whatever gets pushed up my throat when my stomach does that churning thing. Im also rushing out of bed in the morning to get some food in me to bring the pain down a little even though I have zero appetite. My stomach is bloating constantly so I cant tell if Ive even lost weight.

Ive previously had h.pylori, diagnosed through endoscopy, retested and it came back negative.

I've had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago and now take sachets to get rid of bile also diagnosed through another endoscopy 2 years ago.

I had an ultrasound due to the pain going under my right ribcage too but everything came back clear incl. general bloods as they said the pylori test would need to be carried out seperatley to check for this

Im at my wits end. I cant go to a&e. Im just terrified that this is an ulcer or something that is going to pop and kill me.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi there, sorry your'e going through this. I know how poorly it feels to deal with tummy issues. You mentioned you had H PYLORI, was this diagnosed two years ago? Did you have similar symptoms when having an active HP infection ?

I had h pylori back in August of 2019. I had horrid stomach pain: burning, gnawing. At times it was so bad I would curl up in a fetal postion and think I'd have to call an ambulance.

I also had really bad indigestion or a feeling of food wanting to come up. I lost 20 lbs but my stomach was always bloated.

I had all types of tests, I was sure I had ulcers. Endo and Colonsocopy proved it to be eshopahgitis and gastritis casued by HP, no ulcers . I was so shocked as to how this infection that causes some people no problems caused me so much grief!

All was treated ans after two tries on antibiotics my stool antigen test was finally negative . I noticed my energy level was better, my anxiety was a ton better, I could eat more and the best thing my stomach didnt hurt as bad. It did take some time for the gastritis to heal. That bug causes a lot of damage . Perhaps your HP came back?

I have to admit, I still get some aches and sometimes that gnawing feeling but I was re tested again recently and it was negative . I can only suggest ask your PCP to re test you, try taking some pepto when your issues arises and see if that helps?

Hope you feel better .

• Posted

Hey! Thanks for the reply.

So sorry you went through that.

I can't really remember that tbh. I think it's fairly similar.

I have what you're describing now. The bloating is awful combined with the nausea which gets worse when not eating and when I do, I'm forcing myself as my stomach feels like it's going to burst over the bloating.

I'm going to ask my gp for a retest but the only thing is, is that I would need to come off my stomach acid tablets for 2 weeks which I'm afraid to do encase I do have an ulcer and they're the only thing stopping it from perforating.

Fingers crossed these issues get fixed for the both of us

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.