CAN'T TAKE THIS ITCHINESS ANYMORE!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Let me just say that I'm pretty sure that what I have is scabies. I don't even care that you guys know that, because I need some advice. I've had these red bumps for a couple of months now. At first, they started out as itchy bumps between my fingers, then they spread from there after having had them there for a month. 

My mom gave me half a tube of Permethrin Cream tonight. I'm thinking that since I'm itching more now, the cream is working... Maybe? I already have anxiety, and this is really getting to me. I'm going to schedule an appointment tomorrow morning, so I can have my own cream prescribed.

I just don't know what I should do for the next couple of days. I can't take feeling this itchiness. sad

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I get so irritated that the medical establishment gives out the permethrin at 5%, when one often needs a higher percentage (as the stupid bugs have evolved).  My advice is to go on Amazon and buy permethrin straight (like I did).  Then mix it with our own cream.  Direct worked better for me.

Good luck.

• Posted

I'm saying!! It should be at least, 10%. I used up a lot of the cream during the first time I put it on, but I still have enough for a 2nd treatment. Ugh. I've never had scabies before, so I didn't know that that was what it was, until yesterday. 
    • Posted

10%? Ha! I bought the 36% and cut it half and half with lotion.  Worked great and costs a lot less.  These Doctors that give it out with an eye dropper and charge like it's made of diamonds have obviously never had scabies.  They don't get the emotional and physical toll this takes on those with this horrible condition.  Good luck, I hope you get rid of these buggers quick!
  • Posted

I found using permethrin dog shampoo and salt worked for me.  Usually you need 2 doses of permethrin & doctors do not want to perscribe so much at once, plus depending on where you go, can be $100+.  I would wet my body and use the salt all over for as long as I could stand before I started burning.  I also would wash my hair with the dog shampoo mixed with a hefty amount of salt.  Because you do NOT want to leave any area uncovered, they can hide there.  I did this for a week but I would say 3-4 days would be great.  Plus washing EVERYTHING!  Putting rubbing alcohol on EVERYTHING!  I would wipe the couch after I was done sitting, I would spray the inside of me car with rubbing alcohol after driving.  You don't want to leave any place un-alcoholed, lol.  Seriously, you dont want to cure your body to go drive to work and get them again.
    • Posted

I'll try that! Thanks.. The 5% Permethrin has gotten rid of them by 70%. I'm gonna wait & see how this 2nd rub down will turn out for me. I'm going to put everything in the wash tomorrow. *Sighs* The worst part about this, is that I got it from someone, who took advantage of me when I was black out drunk. sad
    • Posted

Im sorry that experience happened. Thanks to the internet you are able to find help for your issue! I caught them before from a staying the weekend with a co-wprker and sharing their bed. They had came to my home before, sharing a bed, with no issue. I would recommend doing a 3rd rub down, to help ease your mind & get any (possible) babies left behind from the day 2 rub down. Be careful how much you use this cream also, which is why I recommended a salt rub. I know salt and waterburn the body but it will kill the mite instantly as well. You'll be so happy you tried it once you feel the relief from itching! The cleaning seems daunting but once you start it is easier than you'd think. I also took off work so I wouldn't fall behind on cleaning. I recommend cleaning your work area as well, if you work at a desk or such.
    • Posted

Don't have a family member help as this can infect them. Rubbing alcohol doesn't stain fabric, which is why its recommended to help clean. I used it on my couch and bed. I also washed my sheets daily! Very important. I vacuumed daily as well. I did this for 2 weeks before my roommate told me I needed to calm down and it was in my head. I even bathed with salt daily! I had phantom crawling but have come to realize that I experience that all the time, esp after heavy drug use.
    • Posted

Thanks hon!! I will definitely start vacuuming tomorrow when I get up. I've already put my sheets, pillow cases, & blanket through the wash (using hot water). I've used the cream 3 time's already within a week (I know that's a lot, but I'm getting sick of these mites). sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.