Can't tell if I have genital herpes or not. *Picture included

Posted , 3 users are following.

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half. During that time, we have sex with no one else. Just recently, 8 had a sore appear on the lip of my vagina. It's slowly gotten bigger over the last few days. 

I've also had flu/cold symptoms - sore throat, white patches aback of my throat, running a slight fever, coughing (sometimes it's a dry cough, sometimes a little phlegm comes up). I've been taking a Zpack but I threw up yesterday and today. 

I've only slept with two other men before my current boyfriend and we used a condom (yes I know that doesn't prevent 100%) whereas my boyfriend has had unprotected sex before. However, he's never had an outbreak before. He had a sore on his lip several days ago, but he said it was a fever blister and he has gotten those before when we were together and we've never had any trouble before this. 

it doesn't hurt when I urinate and it doesn't itch or hurt really unless I touch it. I also had my period end yesterday and it was never bothered by that either. 

Im going to the doctors tomorrow but was paranoid so I posted this to see if I could get a better understanding of what I might be walking into tomorrow. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It definitely does have similarities to genital herpes. Your best bet is to a swab culture . Just because your boyfriend hasn't had any symptoms doesn't mean he doesn't have it. It could just be dominant in his skin.

And he should definitely get a blood test to see .

You said that you weren't in much pain and it doesn't burn when you urinate so that makes it a little more questionable

• Posted

Yeah, I plan on going tomorrow and getting it checked out. And I've read that it can stay dormant but you can still get it. 

I think he plans on getting tested this week. He was in the Army but he said all they ever tested him for was HIV.  /:

• Posted

It's sad to say it's not mandatory that they test for herpes unless you're showing signs or symptoms .

Many people have it and don't even know .

• Posted

Tell me about it. There's also this on my lip. However, I don't know if it's from just biting it or not. I've bitten my lip before/chewed on it and it's done this before. But I can't remember if it looked like this for sure or not. 

But if this was actually an initial outbreak, would it be in both places? Or just one? I want to say I just bit my lip in my sleep or something. Woke up one morning and it was sore. 

• Posted

I'd get both areas cultured and if negative, then IgG blood test. Both sores are suspicious for herpes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.