Can Xanax be taken on same day as propranolol

Posted , 7 users are following.

I wanted to know if anyone who takes propranolol takes Xanax? I take my prop at 11 at night and wondered if I can take a half of a .25 Xanax the next day? Does it cause any problems? Thanks for your help

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

What is your propranolol dosage? I've taken Propranolol 10mg and .25mg xanax together quite a few times. As long as your propranolol isn't greater than 40mg you'll be fine to take xanax with it.  I've never had an interaction between the two, and there is no known interactions. You may get a little dizziness but that would be the extent of it.  

• Edited

I am on 10mgs prop.  I talked to the phamisist last weekend and my doc and they said it was ok to take but not to take together at the same time.  So I did take a 1/4 of my xananx to try it and I was a bit tired and dizzy for a short time then it was all great.  Thank you for replying.  
  • Edited

Im prescribed 40mg of Prop 3 times and day and 20mg of Fluoxetine once a day. You can take both together no problem.
    • Posted

Hi I was just wondering am on Flouxitine 20 mg 4 an half weeks now but my anxiety has been going up the wall The doctor as give me prop 40 mg to take as well but my nurves have gone what do u think will it help ? Sorry to be a pain x
    • Posted

Same as me. Took a few days for propranolol to get in my system. Felt a bit meh for a few days fri sat and sunday. Felt better by today. I take 3 a day. It does help.
    • Edited

Thanks so much I took it an hour ago an do you no what feel great best I have felt in weeks hope it just keeps getting better thanks for the reply x
    • Posted

diazepam should and i mix them with no problems so far.. A small starting dose is sufficient, say 3x10mg per day x good luck!
    • Posted

I'm on 20 mg flu and taking 20mg propanol twice daily but I'm thinking about trying diazepam as feel horrid on propanol like I'm on edge n choking feeling in throat help x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.