Can you actually feel your liver regenerate after resection

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had my liver resected three months ago .. April 26, 2022.

I had a bile duct cancer, AKA cholongiocarcinoma, and had 40 percent of my liver removed. My surgeon told me after my surgery, that I was cancer free. I felt very hopeful, but I am aware that the cancer may return. I had a tumor the size of a quarter, and I could actually 'feel' this tumor around my liver area. I also was told by my surgeon, that I was at the early stage of this type of cancer. No other tumors. No metastasizing. Again, I felt hopeful. **

Moving forward three months post surgery, I am feeling a slight swelling around the incision area. And I am concerned. Could this be another tumor growing, or could I be feeling my liver regenerating? Has anyone else experienced this after resection surgery? I do feel a tightness and pulling around the incision area, but this is different. Could someone please answer my question .. as I am worried something else may be going on. I sure am in hopes that it is NOT another tumor growing in it's place.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.