Can you give me hope?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I hope I can find some advice here because what I'm going through now can be called a horror. My gallbladder was removed 5 weeks ago due to polyps that were located in the neck of the gallbladder. They were increasing in number and growing (for about 5 years). I had pain under my right rib for a month leading up to the surgery (I thought I wouldn't be able to endure until the operation day). After the surgery, it turned out they weren't polyps but sludge and mud.

After the surgery, I started having digestive issues, and what's happening to me now is complete horror. Often after eating, I get intestinal cramps. It feels like the sensation you get before diarrhea, when your stomach tightens and you feel you're about to have a loose stool – I believe everyone knows this feeling. The cramps are quite strong, sometimes I can't even stand up straight. They last about 20-30 minutes, and sometimes I get diarrhea, sometimes I don't. Just a few minutes ago, I had one; the stool was thin, as if my feces had been torn into hundreds of pieces. It wasn't formed at all, but it also wasn't yellow.

God, I'm so tired of this. If this never goes away, my life will be completely ruined. I can't imagine functioning this way. Can it improve over time? Or am I doomed to live like this? I thought about using probiotics or digestive enzymes, but my doctor believes it's not necessary yet and advised me to wait another 4-6 months.

All day long, I feel something sloshing around in my intestines, I can hear gurgling and noises. I never experienced anything like this before my surgery.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.