Can you take loperamide and Xenical together?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can you take loperamide and Xenical together and have them both work? Iam hoping to stop the diarrohea from Xenical, but wonder if they would nullify each other? Also, does anyone know if the diarrohea abates the longer you take Xenical?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

my advice on this subject would be to never ask or accept advice from anyone other than a professional such as doctor when it comes to combining various medications because you have no idea as to whether the person giving the advice has a clue what they are talking about and if you act on bad advice it could have dire consequences. If the meds are bought over the counter in a pharmacist then ask the pharmacists advice - if the meds are prescribed then ask the doctor or person prescribing them - good luck

• Posted

Thanks - your line of advice is good advice. I always make informed decisions based on medical advice (which at times can be contrary), the medical information leaflet associated with any specific medication, plus the experience of others (the latter of which I am seeking to achieve with post).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.