Candesartan

Posted , 4 users are following.

im in occasional but heavy drinking spree, ive been a gym rat for almost 5 yrs. but i stop after ive been to icu due to drinking and Bp problems. now i stop my prework out and gym activities. my doctor prescribed me cardesartan / irbesartan.  now im having headaches, dizziness, palpitation. i cant walk too long without experiencing a heart problem. everytime i experience these. i take vertigo medicine. my question is. will this thing stop? if not is it worth the risk of just taking amplodipine and disregard cardesartan? im worried that ill be tied to this  hellish situation that i cant even spend my time to my family. pls help  ty

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Anthony, I'm sorry you are at this stage of feeling really rough.

First of all, you should go back to your GP & talk to him about the drugs.

Secondly, I am not entirely sure what drugs you are actually taking!  I know I was put on Amlodipine but couldn't take it long term because it caused tremendous weight gain, which I don't need.

The dizziness etc., if that is recent, it could be down to the heat, again, I know that I have felt dreadful during the very hot weather.

Good luck Anthony & talk to your GP

• Posted

anthony er58909...You have stopped your gym program., & you were drinking heavily. No wonder your bp started to act up. I'm a little confused about the candesartan/irbesartan. They are different bp medications, but of the same class. It IS possible the medication prescribed to you is too strong. You also said that you take vertigo medicine..this could be contributing to your problems as well. You also went on to sy..."is it worth the risk of just taking amlodipine".? You never mentioned taking this medicine at the beginning of your blog.If you're not taking

it currently, why even think about adding it?? Then you mentioned about disregarding the Candesartan. Never ever stop taking a medication without consulting your Dr. Again, I don't understand why you are taking Candesartan AND Irbesartan. It's usually one or the other.

Consult your Dr. Don't be your own Dr. Remember the old saying..."He who doctors himself has a fool for a patient". Good luck. Let us know how you get on with it.

• Posted

Exercise does not solve drinking issues or make the effects of drinking change for the better. I suppose it depends how much you have drunk. I drink less because drinking effects the body in the future. Drinking also causes problems in the mind and brain function.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.