Candida overgrowth and Bacterial Vaginosis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I'm 15 years old. I have candida overgrowth since august 2014 and I didn't about it so it stayed for almost 1 year and i am experiencing reoccurence of yeast infection. Then later on december comes. I developed BV. I'm not sexually active. I'm a virgin. I have kissed someone before. And I didn't notice that the fishy smell was me. I immediately did a research on it. And I found that it might be a gene disorder called TMAU. cause it was strong. really strong. and our neighbors can smell it. But as time goes by. I notice that people comment about a fishy smell like coming from a vagina and that give me a clue that it was not coming from my skin or it is not TMAU, it was BV. I have tried some home remedy for bv like limes&lemons and hydrogen peroxide. And it was effective but the fishy odor did not disappeared it just eliminated the fishy odor. I had also some episodes of itchy vagina, pain, soreness around my vulva like one simple move it hurts and there are times that my pelvic area hurts maybe the bacteria spread into my urinary tract and that affects my other organs. Please help me how to get rid of this fishy smell. I used hydrogen peroxide it just eliminated the smell and it gave me alot of yeast infection. And the smell is worse around my period. I'm so depressed people who are about 25ft away from me can smell it. sad

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this at such a young age too. I have been there too and it is so so hard to try to live a normal life with this condition. But I have beat this and so can you. Firstly have you been to see a doctor about this? And So that we can try to get an understanding of why this is happening let me ask you a few questions. What is your diet like? Do you eat a lot of sugary things? Have you been prescribed antibiotics in the past?

• Posted

Hey there

i totally know what you're going through I'm 16 and I've dealt with bv since I was 14! it's mortifying having to sit through classes

have you been to the doctor? Antibiotics often work for people (also take probiotics during and after taking them to replenish good bacteria)

if they don't work I'm always willing to pm as we've both been through this crap at a similar ageĀ 

• Posted

Sorry that your experiencing this but the first thing would be to go to the dr if you haven't so you can be treated for the bv and yeast infections then start taking a daily probiotic femdophilus for bv and acidophilus for yeast infections or eating yogurt daily for yeast. These two probiotic did wonders for my situation!!!

Hope this helps and get well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.