Cant tell if I have Flu or a Cold?

Posted , 3 users are following.

With all this flu talk has me a little concerned.

Been for past 3 days with a fever. No I don't think is a high fever because I could still walk around the house, talk etc. I do have a runny nose , lots of mucus and lots of cough. Sometimes 90% dry cough and sometimes mucus just comes up.

?Yesterday I woke up sweaty , here thinking my fever is going away. Started feeling chills around evening and boom fever came back. Again not as strong as I could still have enough energy to even go to Walgreens for some Theraflu.

?I did vomit twice but I think that's from coughing soo much and constantly that it just triggered the vomit. Never felt any discomfort or pain in my stomach or chest or any where in my body except the back. I think its from the bed tho.

?Feels like I cant sleep for past 3 days , yet I don't feel sooo tired when I decide to quit trying to sleep.

Any clues?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It could possibly be the flu anyway no matter flu or not it sounds viral. You are past the 3 day mark so tamiflu would be useless to you. Just has to run it's course through you. Just treat the symptoms. Tylenol for the fevers lots of rest and the main thing is drink much fluids. Helps to run faster through ur body. Clean all bedding and blankets and sanitizer all bathroom. Remember it's viral so when it's viral you just have to wait it out and treat the symptoms. Make sure you get the mucas up and either spit it out or swallow it and you will poop it out. Just keep an eye on ur cough which can last 7-15 days. If fevers do not go away in the next two days see a Dr. If ur breathing changes in any way see a Dr. If ur fever does not go down with Tylenol see a Dr. Hang in there.

• Posted

A little update. Now 7 days after the first symptom i can say i have not had fever for past 24 hours. No headaches, no throat pain just itchy. Lots of cough and mucus tho
    • Posted

That's great news. Now just keep treating the cough to make sure it doesn't turn into acute phenomia. If the cough gets worse see the dr. If fevers return see the Dr. Drink lots of fluids to help flush the mucas out. Keep getting the mucas up and out. Good luck and keep us posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.