cauterisation of the cervix

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my cervix cauterised on the 26th October. Just a minor opperation. I've since been in so much pain and have not been able to go back to work. My test results came back normal but got told there were a few pus cells found. I've had 2 thrush tablets which haven't done anything and have been on 4 rounds of antibiotics which haven't done anything. My vagina feels like it's been punched really hard. Has anyone been in the same position?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well, don't know if I can help. I had a cervical erosion years ago and had it frozen off, don't know if that's what you have. 

Did the doc give you the thrush tablets, last time I had some from the docs I got a weeks supply,because over the counter stuff didn't work. Also it might not be thrush, though antibiotics are known for causing it.  I would go back to the docs and get tested to see what it is.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I had it burnt. I managed to go back to work this week after 6 weeks off but still very sore. I'm on my 7th round of antibiotics sad I don't think it's thrush it's not itchy but I have taken two tablets. Doctors keep saying I have a lot of pus cells present which cause pain x
  • Posted

Def worse than what I had, that's an awful lot of antibiotics.

I hope you can soon find away to get rid of it, hopefully somebody who has been through it will be along to help. good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.