Cellulitis again !!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Over Xmas I had shingles around my middle..now 3 weeks ago I got my second but of cellulitis after treatment of antivirals I am still left with the itching and redness on my lower legs..I don't want to be left with more dark blemishes..should I go back to doctor..who by the way never seems really interested and I'm not the type of person who is in the surgery at every raised temperature.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Please go to the doctors and get antibiotics as cellulitis does not go away, moisturise everyday the legs and then take omega 3 capsules, this does not guarantee no cellulitis but will stop ur skin being dry and will be less likely to have a flare up again.

Once you get cellulitis, it will reoccur at every opportunity.

• Posted

My advice is go back to doctor. I've had a rash on my legs for 4 months now. At first told it was cellulitis and sent to A&E. Told there i had lupus then an allergy! To cut a long story short and after loads of blood tests (all negative) i get the impression they just don't know. I now have blotches on my face and arms so am now seeing a dermatologist privately this week. I get no help from GP at all. Simply because he just doesnt know. All i can say is keep going back and if he doesn't show any interest find another one who will Good luck. Jill

• Posted

Hi Jill

Went back to gp today given more antibiotics got to go back in two weeks really not feeling good and not happy with her answers to my questions about treatments..I asked for some cream to stop the itching and she said creams would not help..she was more concerned about finding that I also have high cholesterol. .is this the beginning of the end ??

Oh whoa is me !!! Lol x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.