Cellulitis and compression socks

Posted , 4 users are following.

My friend who is in her eighties has another bout of cellulitis in her lower legs which she thinks started after a knee replacement last year.  Her doctor has prescribed more antibiotics and tighter compression socks and told her to keep her legs raised as much as possible.  She has a job getting on the socks she has already - does anybody have any suggestions please.  Also are the socks a good idea,  I see some people advocate moving around a lot to keep the circulation going but she can't keep her legs up and move around?  I can see it's a difficult problem to solve but any advice would be gratefully received.  Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

linda  your both right move about but plenty of rest for leg     I was told not to wear socks whilst i had it  but doc knows best    i was put under district nurses they will know and check the leg more than doc she needs to see them at her age its a must I THINK linda it can go funny ways if not very careful sounds as she as probs with leg  your a good friend helping out but it needs people who  know it cheers linda 
  • Posted

Hi Linda, I think that the compression socks will be good for her because they really do help with circulation. I know and understand that they are hard to put on because I wear them as well, but what I do is I put them on as soon as I wake up before my feet hit the floor and I find that putting them on that way isn’t as hard and I think it’s because my feet and legs have been elevated all night and haven’t had a chance to start swelling.  So maybe your friend should try that and see how if it will work for her. I’m sorry that she is having such a hard time,but do your best to keep her encouraged. Remember there is a doctor who can and will cure everything all you have to do is trust him and know that he can and he will and his name is Jesus. God bless you and your friend and I will be praying 🙏🏽 for you both. 

• Posted

Hi I just want to suggest that due to her surgery knee replacement your suffering friend could have dvt deep vein thrombosis!!! Please help her do all the research involved because most doctors diagnose Cellulitis for dvt leg as my self I have an attorney and expert witnesses who are helping me heal finaly because for the past 18 months I been diagnosed with Cellulitis when I know its dvt. And how can no broken skin or rash or pus not be present antibiotics are useless because my body had become ill from them. I pray your friend makes a quick recovery, without pain or suffering Lord knows I suffered daily.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.