cellulitis in shoulder

Posted , 3 users are following.

i need some advice please i was bit by a spider a few months ago and had to have surgery to remove the poision,ive been back at hospital 3 times and everytime get yet another antibiotic,now yesterday again i had to go back and was told ive cellulitis in the wound and around it,im am in absolute agony with pain and my fingers are going numb,please help

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Call your doctor/physician right away as you may be having a reaction to the medication or have something else going on all together. Numbness is not normal and should be addressed immediately. Give your physician's office a call or the hospital that treated you; they may want you to stop taking the medication and switch to something else and/or follow up with more tests.
  • Posted

Hi Ann1970,

When was the last surgery? We're you having numbness then or the numbness is just now starting? See...with them cutting on you I'm thinking you are going to have some numbness bc they always cut some nerves when doing a surgery. Once those connections are severed you just don't get that felling back. But if this numbness is something gradually coming on then maybe they still haven't gotten all the poisen out or you may having some kind of reaction to the medicine as terry said. Sounds like it must have been extremely poisonus and a very nasty bite. I'm so sorry for you. I agree you probably better call the Dr if this numbness is coming on and you shouldn't be going around in that much pain either. You can't rest and heal properly like that. Keep us posted please..... ladyjack51

• Posted

i had operation about 7/8 weeks ago,the numbness started before i took the antibiotic and i said to dr at hospital and he never said anything about it,ive been up all night vomitting and diaheora im hoping its only side effects with the tablets im on 8 500mg tablets a day for this
    • Posted

Dang ann1970,

I think you should go to the hospital and get a second opinion. Now you are vomiting and have diarrhea? Those are too strong to just be side affects of an antibiotic...I know bc i have lymphoedema and I sometimes have to be admitted to the hosp and get strong IV antibiotic treatment. They shouldn't make you vomit and poop. You will get dehydrated in no time plus lose all your minerals and electolytes and then start cramping etc....something is wrong and I think you still have infection going on from that bite...but u need a second opinion. Please let us know....praying for you...ladyjack51

• Posted

Also...just curious...what in the world bit you? Did you see it bite you or did you catch it or are they just guessing at what bit you? They may need to research that some more too if they are guessing...might need different treatment. I don't know but let me know ok?
  • Posted

i was driving in the car and at the corner of my eye i seen a spider hanging from the roof of car the wee bugger bit me on the shoulder it wasnt a big spider only a small on
    • Posted

Wow....what kind did they think it was? Were you able to Google it and see? How are you today? Are you going to the hospital? I think I would if u are still throwing up and having diarrhea. That way you can get a second opinion as well....
  • Posted

hello ladyjack they dont know what kind it was although ive got up this morning with sores on and around the wound,still having the sickness and diaheora
    • Posted

You gotta go see about it....different Dr or hospital. It doesn't sound right.
  • Posted

went to hospital last night and the dr hadnt got a clue sent me for xray for a broken bone even though i have a infection in shoulder,sent me home with yet more antibiotics,dont know what else to do i feel so frustrated
    • Posted

What???? That sounds crazy! You poor thing!! You have to get your Dr to listen to you and research and test you more. I went thru something similar recently at the county Hospital that had been treating me for 4 yrs and then told me they couldn't do anything else for me. It put me in such a low hopeless place...until I went to the emergency room at a private hospital recently. They admitted me for 10 days and welcomed me into their lymphoedema dept and caregivers and my world changed overnight. Now I'm so much better and I have hope and have changed my appts over to them! Go to a different emergency room bc i know there has to be a Dr out there who knows what might be happening and can help you. You have to keep reaching out for help as long as you keep having such strong symptoms. I'm praying for you.
    • Posted

hi ladyjack was at dr again last week with my shoulder and he said he would refer me back to surgeon but the app was going to be in 4 months
    • Posted

Omg....I just don't understand and it sounds like they surely dont!!!! You may need an MRI to see about tissue damage or deep infection from the venom that could have settled in that shoulder now. Geezzzz...I hope someone recognizes what's going on with you and helps you properly. Poor thing!!

Ladyjack51

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.