Cellulitis on legs...extreme fatigue....confusion....HELP!!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

My mom has cellulitis on her leg i took her to the doctors they put her on penicillin and hydrocodone.

?after a couple days i see her falling asleep while she is going to the bathroom, right in the middle of conversations, very inappropriate times. She also is talking about things that make no sense. She wanted to move her bedroom under the neighbors house, she thinks I'm 34 when in fact I'm 27 which she would of known that. She is mumbling and hard to understand. I just want to know if this is common with the medication. She has COPD, Thyroid issues, and diabetes. Any Advice id appreciate 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vanessa,  I'm no expert but I do know that infections (e.g. urinary tract) can cause confusion which should pass when the patient recovers from the infection.  If it was me I would go back to the doctor for a review urgently.  This is a lot for her and you to cope with.

Best wishes for a speedy resolution for you both.

• Posted

Saturday night she asked me to call the ambulance, so i did apparently she wasn't getting enough oxygen which cause her oxygen levels to drop and she wasn't breathing at a nice steady pace due to that her carbon dioxide levels were high they admitted her in ICU and put a CPAP mask on her i believe that's what it was called. Basically forcing her to breath in oxygen she has been able to keep her levels at a 90 and higher with that she finally got the mask removed and is doing great on 4 liters with her normal oxygen not the mask. Thanks so much for the advice

• Posted

Hi Vanessa, so glad to hear you've got some help.  Hopefully the hospital will sort out her meds and she will soon be feeling better.  Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.