Celulitus for 10 years.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had Celulitus that has sent me to hospital 2 times. As a dabetic I have to make sure every cut and scratch are covered . I am now in my 60's and I believe I can give people who suffer from this painful disease some good advice. 

1- I now never wear long trousers.  _Keeping the legs cool is important. -So even in winter I am known as the man who always wears shorts 

2- When your legs get hot -go to the beach -- when it is winter- at least you dont have to fight for a car  park. . 15 minutes at a time is enough  - just make sure your legs or whatever part of your body is infected the cold water works wonders - it is far more effective than ice water on your legs so I am guessing the pressure of the water also helps. When Celulitsi was at its worse I went to the beach 5 time a week for 3 months. Now I only go if my legs are real sore and heated. 

HOPE THIS HELPS   BUT LEGS UN COVERED IS A MUST. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My sister gets celulitus maybe once or twice a year and has antibiotics which I hate her taking all the time, once she was hospitalized. I was wondering as you said going to the beach was effective could it be the salt in the water. Salt is a good healer for the skin therefore, it would make sense you felt better. Do you have any thoughts on this.
  • Posted

Keep the legs moist  -i have mused many moisturisers  -none better than any other in my mind. 

Keeping the legs cool is important-- I dont have heavy blankets on my legs  - keep them uncovered is important. 

I dont think the salt is as important as the pressure form the water  -Even a running river is good - I wade up to waist deep. 

And in Summer- keep them as cool as possible - I spend as much time in air conditioned rooms as possible 

I am 63 years old 

good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.