Cerebral Palsy in a 12 month old and Stem Cell Treatment

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi

My little one was born with severe brain damage as a result of H.I.E (hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy and has recently been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. She is an alert, beautiful one year old girl who loves to smile. We have been doing as much therapy as possible and are now considering stem cell treatment. There seems to be a lot of controversy about this topic but if it helps my little girl, I dont care.

My query is : are there any parents here who have had a similar situation and undergone the stem cell treatment. If so, please can we get in touch as I really want a lot more information from people who have been down this road, who understand how we as parents will do anything to help our little ones. Please get in touch. Thank You

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello,

My son has 3 years old and he has the same problem and diagoze, I did an ABR treatment for him

www.abrcanada.com/

and I'm planning to go to Germany next Sep to do Steam cell for him

in this center: www.elisees-stemcell.com

I don't know if they do it bad or good but I will try, if you know somewhere else, please let me know

Thanks

• Posted

Hi we do have the same problem 2 years old with CP and I am trying to get treatment hope for him I am thinking of stem cells could you advise if you have tried this for your little one and what was the out come and where to go as the Germany centre website is not on anymore and also how much did it cost   Your help is much appreciated many thanks or has anyone know a trusted place for stem cells for cerebral palsy thanks all
    • Posted

Hello, my son is now almost 2 months old and had also a very difficult start in his life with 18mins reannimation. We are currntly living in Germany and I would like to ask how it went with the Steam cell therapy in the elisees center.

wishing you the best 

aggeliki

• Posted

Hi There and thank you for your reply. I had also found the elisees guys and already have their assessment form.

Am I correct in thinking the ABRcanada treatment is physiotherapy based?

I will happily post here as soon as I have further information.

Thanks Again

• Posted

Hello to both of you!

Hope your kids are rocking!

Could you please update me of your experience at the ABR or @ stem cell transplant treatments?

Really appreciate your sharing!

Thank you!

• Posted

Hello.

I have a daughter who has Cerebral Palsy and is now 9 years old.

We've taken her to the Elisees Kilink in Germany twice now and have seen good results (especially the first time).I It's just a shame it's not available in the UK (yet!).

• Posted

Hello

I just saw this post and am in the same situation as you. Please can you tell me if you have taken your daughter for stem cell treatment and what the result was? Would realy appreciate any feedback from anybody who has done this.

thanks

• Posted

I have heard about stem cell therapy and am interested for my 2 yr old grand daughter who has cerebral palsy. If any of you have I formation where this can be done please can you let me know. As parents and grandparents of a child who has problems I don't need to tell you how heartbreaking it is. However she was born with an emergency c section that we had no time to make arrangements for the cord cells to be stored, can they take the stem cells from anywhere else or other family members? Any info will be greatly appreciated, thanks and good luck to all of yiu
  • Posted

Also, how much does stem cell therapy cost please if anyone can let me know.
  • Posted

Hi to you all lovely people,

My nephew will be three in May and has CP. His brain was starved of oxygen during birth as a result of placental rupture.He is a very happy baby. We are not sure what type he has. The doctors in India have diagnosed him with Hemiplegia.

His right side is affected. His lower part of trunk is a bit weak and he has balance issue. He sits, but can not make himself sit up from laying down but can make himself sit up when we lay him on a pillow. he stands up holding on to things and walks a little bit with help of walker. Sometimes he falls to his right side when sitting up. He goes for physio and speech therapy and has improved a lot. His parents like all the parents would do are working very hard and it is heartbreaking for family to see their little one wanting to walk around but can not.

Please let me know if you had taken your daughter for the stem cell treatment and how is she getting on?

Has anybody heard of Selective dorsal rhizotomy surgery and how effective this is?

Thanks a lot.

• Posted

Hi, just read about your nephew.  Hope he's doing ok. The surgery you refer to is available at Frenchsy Hospital, Nr Bristol in the UK but it has to be paid for as it's not available on theNHS. Its also available in the USA, it st Louis, I believe.  Success is quite good but when I asked the neurologist about this for my granddaughter she said it would not work if the tone is high. It does not help for Low tone cerebral palsy.  I don't really understand the difference between high and low tone but this is what we were told when we asked if it would be suitable in our case.  Hope this helps yiu
  • Posted

Hello Raghav, just seen your posting regarding your nephew. With regard to the surgery you have mentioned I was also very interested in it as My grand daughter suffers from cp. now ever when I contacted her neurologist I was told that this type of surgery is only successful in cases of high tone cerebral palsy and my little angel has low tone. With regard to the stem cell therapy I have investigated this as pat here seems to be a lot of controversy over this procedure.. From people I have heard from who have tried this some say it is successful but has to be carried out more than once and whilst it is extremely expensive there are no factual results to prove its success. We are trying all sorts of therapies, but as we live in the Middle East the sort of treatment which is available is somewhat limited. However, Khadija is making progress, albeit slow, and I have just heard of an invention called UPSEE.

It is quite expensive but it looks really good. I am going to get it for my grand daughter and hopefully there will be some improvement and she will be able to walk. When you have a little one who suffers from cerebral palsy I am sure you will agree that you will try everything humanly possible to help them,my good luck with your nephew, mI hope he will make good progress, I will pray for him and please pray for my little angel. Good luck

• Posted

Hello my daughter who is 2 years old has very low muscle tone and is not able to walk, crawl or make any transitions between positions. She is still under investigation to establish what condition she has.

I have heard about stem cell therapy and it may help her to improve her condition.

Has anyone tried stem cell therapy and if so where was the treatment available?

• Posted

Hello all

We nhave a lovely grandson who was born at 23 weeks and has CP as a result.  I am helping our daughter learn all we can about stem cell treatment.  If anyone has expeiences with this can they please relate them.  Keen to know what the gains were and if any side effects, please?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.