Cervical spondylitis and earache

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, I've had cervical spondylitis for many years, also thinning of the nerves, recently I've had earache in both ears, I've been to the Dr with a throat virus which has now gone but I've still got earache constantly, I'm wondering if it's caused by my neck as the pain has spread to my arms from last year, does anyone with cervical spondylitis get earache with it, thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lunas, I have pain in the left ear but not all the time. Also have the buzzing in the same ear non-stop.

Dont know if it is Cervical spondylosis but the neck pain is there all the time and it spreads to shoulders and backs. Cant sleep well, have to use medications because I cant find proper sleeping position.

I worked in office 8 hours a day for many years without sports and exercises and this is the price. Still work in office but now I do exercise and have to say it is better then nothing.

My chiropractor sad to do stretching exercise but than I realised that my neck muscles are atrophied and there is nothing to stretch. So I started with strength exercises and soon start feeling better.

No ear pain or very rare when do it regularly. The thing is that I have to do it everyday with no pause.

There's other things I want to try and if I get better I will post here.

If anyone has similar condition please share and write how you deal with pain.

• Posted

hi, I have just been diagnosed with cervical spondylosis after 3 years of constant headache and earache. only ever my right ear but constant. I've been taking amitriptyline for 2 of the 3 years but that gives me a dry mouth all the time. im on a waiting list for physio but I dont know whether that is better than seeing an osteopath or a chiropractor. just want the pain in my head and ears to stop, my neck doesn't actually bother me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.