Cervical spondylosis Implications : Mental fatigue & Drowiness

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am suffering from cervical spondylosis since 5 years now, i could still bear pain and stiffness around neck but these days i generally feel very tired , sleepy and not in senses(fogginess around eyes). this is actually something which is affecting my daily routine and assertiveness to discussions.

can you please and solution or resort to this

Regards

Navneet

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You have my sympathies. Unless you have c/s you have no idea as to how it can damage your health, both physically and mentally. Some sufferers get away with mild conditions, others myself included, are driven mad by it.

Only various combinations of pain medication bring relief and for most the outlook can be grim. If it is progressive then disabilities affecting all limbs and bladder/bowel could follow.

Sometimes surgery is the only option, if all else has failed.

Mike.

• Posted

I think it may be worth you telling your doctor about your constant tiredness and asking for some blood tests, as its perfectly possible that your symptoms are nothing to do with cervical spondylosis. For example, you could be anaemic, or be deficient in Vitamin D or B12, or have an underactive thyroid.

when we have a long term condition, its natural to assume that any new symptom must be connected, but that isnt necessarily the case. x

• Posted

I have multilevel degenerative c/s. After a short walk or me doing anything for no more than 10/15 minutes, the pain spreads around the body particularly my arms get very tired and I lose coordination when trying to do any tasks. Mentally I find it hard to capture, retain and process information. I lose focus and concentration quickly. I have constant headache which varies in intensity during the day, mostly at the back of the head but frequently whole head as well as eye balls ache like hell. I take Gabapentine with butrans patches for pain and depression tablets but so for they’ve made no difference. My pain consultant said managing pain is a full time task in itself let alone holding a job as well. Neurosurgeon suggested operation but said due to multilevel and degenerative nature of illness, surgery does not guarantee pain relief. Ageing also lowers the body’s threshold for tolerating pain. I have heard that moving to live in a hot climate and drugs like cannabis help with pain but not with mental fatigue.

I am very depressed about not being to perform at work and constant nature of discomfort. I hope others have found a way to overcome these issues.

• Posted

I have the same symptoms but didn't associate them with my Cervical Spondylosis. As I am 76 and also have Osteoarthritis, anxiety and depression for which I have several medications which cause drowsiness and fatigue. My head keeps dropping forwards making walking difficult.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.