CES Advise

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with CES in 2015 after I had an emergency surgery to decompress my L4/L5. This was followed by a fusion 6 months later. Thankfully, I recovered and was left with just some numbness on my right leg and toes and this horrible constipation issue, which is nothing compared to what others are going through. Its been years now and it seems to get worst. I feel the desire to use it, but the muscle wont open enough So I cant never really empty my bowels. Either it wont open enough or it will cause some sort of spasm and the muscle completely close. I've been to so many doctors and they all say the same, drink more water and eat more vegetables. I explain everything I went through and the reason why Im going through this and it's like they don't understand. Sometimes the nurses don't even know what CES is. It is so frustrating because sometimes feel sick and now my stomach is large, I look like I'm pregnant, I can't really lose weight because I cant use it, and all the drs can say is eat better, drink more water, and try laxatives. I do all and nothing works. Any advise??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i have CES too, 3 years in, and still have quite alot of numbness in my groin/anal area and the recovery of my bowel function sounds very similar to yours. At times i feel like i could push, but just the remaining numbness stops it working properly.

I use the Peristeen System, i have done so from a week after surgery and works much better for me than drug alternatives.

I still use senna and bisacodyl with varying dosages depending on my meals/diet to help.

I would recommend looking in to it, as it allows me to live my life as normally as possible and without it i dont know what i would do. I get it as part of my NHS Prescriptions, prescribed by my GP, so have to pay for it via an annual prepayment certificate which covers all of my other prescriptions, but the cost nothing for what it allows me to do.

Regards

Adam

• Posted

I had compressions l4 5 I was left for 6days before the poo hit the fan. I have a colostomy and Leila conduit wee stoma.

dos this sound familiar. my bladder was bad and bowel my feeling stop for weeping I had a pubic catheter that was jan 2009 the compression was 2 august 2008.

my bowel I used my finger alot I was sitting for hours each day then the same I sued and settled out of court any the registrar I see knew alot about ces I was operated on in jan 2012 permanent stoma it done the job straight away.bi have been unlucky I have had 2 revison and I have a bleed they have not found yet. I am anemic.

I have had the original ces various operation hernia all major revision s if I knew I was going to have all these extra problem I would have asked for 2million plus. I have had 2 unrelated back operation c5 c6 c7 my discs had gone bone on board e no wonder my neck hurt. I had spaces plates the titanium cages the last November they notice another compression and operated I had rods and cages that move. put in he done most of the spine. I am still in pain with that I start up right then he bends me over. 11 operations I have had my right leg gos died without warning I had 2 falls because of this. I am numd from belly button to just above my knees the nerve pain is relentless mobility issues. I had my bladder removed in 2013 they left it in but it went septic. my front from 3 inches above my belly button to my pubic bone as some many operation scares it's bad.

I know I see a surgeon soon he will want to operate my gp as asked them to sort out this bleed I thinks it the stoma bleeding.

I been told I am the worst outcome after surgury. for ces.

right plain and simple the nerve for ur bladder that gos to the poo and wee muscle. it wont get better I was lucky I had a good surgeon. go back to ur gp I am a expert on this and what u have said no matter what u take it wont work believe me.

if u want to private message do so. or call me I will give u my number on the private message yours keith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.